2 Days Outside a Covid 19 Hospital..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Apr 19, 2020.

1. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I had a family member get banged up a few months back. Banged up to the point of needing surgery to get fixed. But As their surgery was not life or limb It had to be put on hold until all this virus craziness goes away.

Fast forward 2+ months and their need for surgery had become a emergency.. SO they have been scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning.

That means for the next 2+ days I am going to be staying IN a hospital in another state as a “chaperone”.. Not just any hospital thou.. But a hospital that has many Covid 19 cases... But also the doctor needed for their surgery.

Hopefully I will have some good observations to share “from the inside “.

More to follow. :)

2. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Prayers from up north!

Bluelew likes this.
  3. TerryD

TerryD Member

My thoughts are with you!

My wife works at a hospital with several confirmed cases and it's a constant concern at the moment. She works L&D so her patients tend to be monitored better before they arrive and so far no cases have come through their unit.

Stay safe and I'm looking forward to hearing some more, good, first hand information.

Twoody88 and RocketmanDane like this.
  4. Frigin

Frigin Member

Good luck
    I know every area is different but my mom is a nurse in the ER and she also works in the tent outside. What confuses me is she thinks this is all pretty stupid. Any person that comes and and just says they have any symptoms even relating to covid19 the doctor just automatically says they have it and they aren’t even showing symptoms at all. They don’t test anyone unless they have very severe symptoms and look like they are going to die..... so there’s that going for you that most doctors just say everyone has it and only 1-10 have it....

5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Sending prayers and stay safe!!

RocketmanDane likes this.
  6. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

So far I have made it as far as the front door...
    Even thou we clearly explained the situation and got prior approval... The security guard at the door was having no part of it...
    I’ll wait a few hours and see what I can manage.

Frigin, TerryD and Drew RedBear like this.
  7. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Well after a few hours the surgery turned out really well!

But they still won’t me go inside...

So it looks like I’m just going to sleep in my truck in the parking lot.

8. Frigin

Frigin Member

@RocketmanDane well sleep tight. If I lived near yeah I’d bring you some supplies. Hopefully someone does. You can do tailgating in the parking lot.........

BobbyRatTail and RocketmanDane like this.
  9. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Talked to the doctor and looks like we get to go home tomorrow morning. :)
    So only one night camping outside the hospital.
    Good news is a found a W Mart down the street and managed to stock up on some supplies.
    One problem I’m running into is all businesses but “big Box” stores have had to close their restrooms per state wide order. Not to get started BUT if hand washing is so important it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to close the place you wash your hands in a buisness..
    Also found me the brightest light pole away from everything in the parking lot to park under. I can sleep in the light no problem. And it looks like it could be a rough neighborhood around here at night. So under the bright light I sleep :)

I’ll have to sit down when I get home and type out some of the interesting things I’ve seen between the large number of clinics, ER and other health offices I’ve seen while waiting here.

TerryD likes this.
  10. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Stay safe brother

11. CeeFried

CeeFried Member

Ultra Positive thoughts and well wishes sent from Canada your way eh!

12. TerryD

TerryD Member

Hopefully this will be done with soon. Things are kinda silly right now. Lots of things are upside down from how we would normally think of them.

Stay safe, best wishes.

13. martin_j001

martin_j001 Member

Hoping all has gone well! Both for the surgery and an uneventful nights’ sleep!

14. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. All ended up well and we headed home this morning. We have been dealing with these medical issues since February and hopefully this last surgery will get the FM back on their feet! (They have Had to sit in a recliner with their leg up since February, using a walker, cane etc.) Over all it wasn't to bad of a spot to spend the night. Didn’t end up having any problems and luckily I have a large backseat to almost stretch out.

So ready for all this virus stuff to be over.. Now that we have these medical issues getting better we can start focusing again on our epic cross country move :)

[​IMG]

Strigidae, Bluelew, ASH and 2 others like this.