recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

Better bring a suitcase, there’s 6” of snow and freezing rain coming tomorrow.

Delkancott and Zeek like this.
  2. Zeek

Zeek Member

Sheeit...

3. JV3

JV3 Member

a couple of new packs for edc and range gear...kifaru native.

[​IMG]

tad fast pack litespeed.

[​IMG]

tad control panel and op1.

[​IMG]

eberlestock halftrack.

[​IMG]

ilbe assault pack.

[​IMG]

4. JV3

JV3 Member

first impresssions...the ilbe's craftsmanship is the worst i've seen so far especially after hearing "designed by arcteryx" and all that...propper definitely did not do the arcteryx name justice. checkout the wonky spacing on the molle (red lines). a tactical tailor malice clip won't even pass through the right-most side at all.

[​IMG]

the tad pack's fit and finish is on par with kifaru...but not sure if the materials themselves are berry amendment compliant? it's made in the usa so it's a huge plus but the op1 is another story. the front velcro flap is not horizontal by half an inch.

[​IMG]

the eberlestock's buckles feels the cheapest out of the tactical packs i've owned. torso length is too short that the belt is useless to me for load bearing (comes up to my belly button). the eberlestock is the front runner to be my main range bag because of all those internal pockets and the capacity to hold ammo cans. the litespeed is most likely my new edc and range bag for when i'm not bringing a ton of guns and ammo...that's it for now :)

BigJake, ManOfSteel and Zeek like this.
  5. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm liking it a lot...i haven't gotten around to buying more because of pure laziness but i'm up to 4 batteries now connected in parallel (for a total of 140 mah if i calculated that right)...more than enough to keep all my batteries and emergency electronics charged up even if there's no sun for several days straight.

i'm procrastinating mounting it somewhere so for now i have the entire setup on a heavy duty metal cart so i can wheel it around to chase wherever the sun is at...it's actually quite a slick setup even though i did it purely out of laziness. i'll take a pic or two when i get a chance.

Delkancott, koolaidnd and Zeek like this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

You are a worse pack whore than me !!!!!!!!!! And that is truly saying something !!

JV3 and Zeek like this.
  7. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

@JV3 I love my ILBE assault pack. I got mine brand new in the bag and it was cheap. For the $50 I paid for it, I’d take it over a maxped bag.

JV3 and Zeek like this.
  8. JV3

JV3 Member

i just realized the kifaru native is the tactical version of my gossamer gear riksak :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zeek and koolaidnd like this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

holy crap! nylon gear binge Eh?:D nice bit of kit right there....looking forward to a review with lots of pics on that Kifaru Native

JV3, koolaidnd and Zeek like this.
  10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

re: fit of the Eberlestock...look on the back panel where the shoulder harness mounts.....you can move it up or down by quite a bit for a perfect fit. Those packs will fit a 6' + tall person as well as a 4' 6" to 5' foot person.

here ya go

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    JV3, Klynesquatch and Zeek like this.
  11. JV3

JV3 Member

long story short - i got back into guns because of a buddy so i applied for 3 pistol purchase permits earlier this month and turn around time should only be a few days max. the police dept. went on a power trip (maybe the vegas shooting had something to do with it as well since it happened just a day before i stopped-by) and said it's been almost 10 years since my last permit so they have to go through the whole sending reference letters to my friends and officemates again.

well, that was 3 weeks ago with cash that was meant for guns sitting in my pocket and that's what happens! i had to distract myself from the crazy wait...finally picking up my permits tomorrow...a 1911, an hk or two, or maybe that new xd mod.2 is on the list so no more new backpacks anytime soon :)

i paid $60 for it and it's a very nice pack for sure...i just wish i can properly mount an organizer on the front though. maybe i just got a bad one since there was only one left at the milsurp when i was there so i wasn't able to hand pick a better made one.

Zeek likes this.
  12. JV3

JV3 Member

already did that - still too short for my long torso. plus the way the frame is shaped when it's maxed out the center of the shoulder harness actually bulges out quite a bit away from the pack and towards my spine and it's putting a lot of pressure on the base of my neck/spine. barely noticeable when i'm standing straight up but super annoying when i'm hunched over a bit to keep my forward balance/momentum for an extended period of time - like say hiking up a hill or even climbing up the stairs then i can feel that constant hot spot there.

adjusting the shoulder straps for torso length is a little annoying too. kifaru's is by far the best and each strap is adjusted individually if need be (they did a study and most soldiers have a more muscular shoulder on their strong side due to carrying their rifle there most of the time).

it's strictly a military pack though for sure since if i imagine myself wearing a war belt (that full-on belt holster with tons of mag and medic pouches and stuff on my waist - i don't have one so best i could do is just a belt with my 1911 and 2 mag pouches on it) then i put the halftrack on then i'm perfectly comfortable with the waist strap on my belly button not so much for load bearing but more for stability...i don't think there's really any other way of carrying a pack on with a war belt so it works perfectly fine for the users they designed it for.

13. animalinstinct

animalinstinct Member

Found another Amazon box out front

Edit: I guess that's kinda dishonest....I didn't find it I was watching for the guy to pull up with it lol
    KIMG0174.JPG

14. NoRest

NoRest Member

Just got this new thermal scope ordered this morning. Pulsar Trail XP50. It's an upgrade from the Pulsar Apex XD38A I've been using for a couple years. I can't wait to get it mounted on my rifle and get out in the field. The coyotes around here are in big trouble.
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

JV3, ManOfSteel, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  15. IW17

IW17 Member

Holy hell dude. I just looked up the price of these. You are officially the coolest coyote hunter I know of. I'll stick to my weapon mounted lights so my bank account doesn't have a stroke lol.

Zeek likes this.
  16. NoRest

NoRest Member

Well, you can't take it with you so you might as well spend it on something that makes you smile! Flattening coyotes at 250 yards in complete darkness makes me smile! :D

Delkancott and Zeek like this.
  17. IW17

IW17 Member

Hey I'm already convinced. You need to have a talk with my better half lol.

NoRest likes this.
  18. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Mind sending me your old one :D I have a coyote problem and the digital NV unit I've been borrowing doesn't really make the cut. One of the yotes is literally the size of my full grown male Border Collie/Husky mix.

19. NoRest

NoRest Member

The old one is going on my back-up/loaner rifle. Sometimes I like to hunt with others and it's nice to be able to drop an accurate/capable rifle in their hands. Most people have not had the pleasure of hunting with a rig like that and rarely turn down the opportunity. It will impress even the most skeptical shooter. Its too bad youre so far from me. I'd love to come help you out.

Bcamos likes this.
  20. Benson X

Benson X Member

jbs121s, nathan shepherd and IW17 like this.