My first BK&T

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by animalinstinct, Oct 14, 2017.

1. animalinstinct

animalinstinct Member

This is from a post I made on another site so I'll just do a copy/paste

So I got my Bk7 in the mail today (my first becker). It was amazing! But upon further inspection I notice a chip and some minor damage to the tip of the blade. I should note this was NOT a Ka-bar/Becker quality issue, as the pics will show. There is a hole in the box it came in as well as the shipping box. It appears that someone dropped/threw the box and the blade pierced through. Must have been something pretty solid since that cro-van is some tough stuff. They're sending me a replacement that should be here monday. It isn't damaged so bad that I couldn't have fixed it but my wife has amazon prime so I don't mind letting them fix their own carelessness. Errrr....

Side note: It was delivered by an amazon driver (those contractor guys) I think its called amazon flex

IMG_20171013_201239.jpg imagejpeg_0_2.jpg PART_1508020468984_IMG_20171013_202848.jpg

2. Theo

Theo Member

They must have tossed it pretty good.

Zeek likes this.
  3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Sounds like it’s not a bad Amazon experience then. They fixed the **** up in my book. It was the 3rd party contractor’s mistake.

timdgsr, JV3, Nether and 2 others like this.
  4. animalinstinct

animalinstinct Member

Idk if it was the delivery guy or at the warehouse. All I know is I bought it from amazon, it was delivered by amazon, and it was damaged. But I agree with you somewhat. It wasn't a TOTALLY bad experience, as they did fix it I assume (if the new one comes undamaged which I would almost bet it will be fine) but I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't use my new blade this weekend. A bad experience for me, but a great experience with their customer service

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    ManOfSteel likes this.
  5. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

When I buy something, I expect it to arrive undamaged and ready to use. Amazon screwed the pooch on this one.

6. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

I'd blame it on Ethan Becker

IW17, Bushman5, Strigidae and 4 others like this.
  7. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

From the title, I thought this thread was going to be about Mike Perrin and a boat ride in Peru.

8. BeaverCleaver

BeaverCleaver Member

I still haven’t returned the esee 4 I got from amazon when I paid for a 5

Pretty sure someone bought both then returned the 4 claiming it was a5

Pretty slick dirty trick, it came in a 5 box. No amazon employee would notice the difference looking at the return.

9. animalinstinct

animalinstinct Member

This is my second bad exp with them, out of dozens and dozens so very low ratio. I guess I deserve the punishment for cheating on esee :(

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

ROTFLMAO! :D

11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

We can agree to disagree on this one I guess. Amazon did the right thing on the return. I ordered some rotors for my Super Duty and they were damaged when I got them, amazon handled it properly and got me a new set the very next day without getting these back first. When the UPS guy came the next day he apologized for dropping the first set on my walkway.

animalinstinct likes this.
  12. animalinstinct

animalinstinct Member

I completely agree

13. animalinstinct

animalinstinct Member

I don't typically rant.... but... I am new to this forum (and forums in general) I don't want anyone to think I was "bashing" amazon so I changed the thread title. I bought a cold steel bushman from them a while back that I posted on the recent purchases thread. It arrived damaged, but I didn't want to say it was amazon since I've always had great experiences with them and it was delivered by USPS, not amazon. I didn't bother returning it. I said earlier that their customer service was great. I just had a bad experience in general. I had planned on taking my first becker knife out this weekend and reviewing it, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Sorry if I pissed off anyone