Portable Boombox?

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by mwramos76, Sep 13, 2017.

1. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

Yeah so I need one, think I have my eye on something Bose has out but just curious to see what you guys are running with. I need something that can run on stand alone batteries but would be nice if I could plug it in as well. Bluetooth and of course quality sound is what I'm looking for as well. So if you have one, getting one or maybe are just now looking for one too..... show me what you got. Thanks all

2. IW17

IW17 Member

I have a jbl charge. Great little speaker. About the size of a 16 oz can. Rechargeable and will last through an 8 hour work day on full blast. Only downside is it's Bluetooth only. But if you're using a phone that won't be an issue. Range is about 50'. It's plenty loud. About the same as a Dewalt jobsite radio. And they're around $150. Don't waste your money on bose. The sound quality is better than most, but no louder and usually more than twice the price. If size isn't an issue go check out jbl xtreme. It's considerably larger than the charge, but it's waaaay louder.

mtngoat and mwramos76 like this.
  3. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

I love my Bose. Solid sound and battery and good warranty service. Very happy with both the BT headphones and the soundlink color.

Zeek likes this.
  4. Menace

Menace Member

I've been eyeing the JBL flip 4 lately. Probably gonna pick one up soon. It's got great sound and the reviews look pretty good.

mwramos76 likes this.
  5. MKZ

MKZ Member

Bose sounlink color gen1 and 2 are great! Also the customer service is top notch.

SolRepublic Deck is pretty good

Braven brv-1 is small but waterproof

Jbl flip is pretty good too

And I bought some junky Chinese one off amazon called axess something or other. Pretty good sound and bass, but after a month or two the battery goes to ****.

mwramos76 likes this.
  6. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I got a pretty nice one from Milwaukee Tool. Uses and charges batteries, plays with Bluetooth or auxiliary cable on top of the AM/FM. It's loud and real durable. I use mine all the time at home and on the job. Also has a USB connection to charge whatever you want to plug in.

mwramos76 and Zeek like this.
  7. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

8. Ravenous12

Ravenous12 Member

I have a jbl flip and love it.

mwramos76 likes this.
  9. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

Thanks for all the input guys. I have some research to do now. Jbl seems to be pretty popular. I remember their subwoofers in big boxes back in the 1990's LoL bass wars all that jazz

Zeek likes this.
  10. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini....tons of great sound (amazing bass for the size if you have it with its back near a wall). I also bought a waterproof case for it from AudioActiv that only slightly distorts the sound (small price to pay to have peace of mind that it's safe while at the lake)

mwramos76 and MKZ like this.
  11. Rockmart ESEE

Rockmart ESEE Member

I bought a jbl charge 3 this summer for the beach. Absolutely love it

IW17 and mwramos76 like this.
  12. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

We've got a Bose Soundlink color II. I did a lot of research on them as far as longevity is concerned. It was a little more pricey than the JBLs at the time, but I haven't been disappointed. Fills the house with sound, amazing bass, pairs quick and easy, and takes a beating. We take it to Corolla in NC when taking the Jeep out on the beach.

mwramos76 and Delkancott like this.
  13. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

UE Boom, but it's three year old tech now. Run a single or pair for stereo. Has threads for tripod mount.
    Beat Bose three years ago. Worth a look.

mwramos76 likes this.
  14. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

mwramos76 likes this.