recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Benson X

Benson X Member

Cool - that sounds like a plan. I need to do some VERY light polishing on the lock-face of the blade, so I may as well do all the other surfaces too.

It has teflon (or nylon) washers right now, but I'm not a fan of them since they smash/deform easily. I prefer caged or bronze washers. Time to break out the calipers and start measuring - I noticed they use (2) different sized washers, also.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Zeek likes this.
  2. Nether

Nether Member

Who else do you know who speaks of or buys WE knives here ? I figured I was the odd man out. Seeing how this (understandably) is such a pro USA made forum :)

Klynesquatch likes this.
  3. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

O on here you definitely are one of few but I can't seem to open youtube Facebook or instagram without seeing 20 we knives

4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Zeek likes this.
  5. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Benson X, Zeek and Delkancott like this.
  6. JV3

JV3 Member

camelbak mule - one for mtb'ng and one while riding my motorcycle to/from work.

[​IMG]

Zeek likes this.
  7. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

vBlake, koolaidnd, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

HELL yes! ^ THOSE ARE BAD ASS!

Smoking deal too with the extra battery.
    --------------------------------------------

my purchases from a while back. I wanted to spread the the word of our very own THE PREPARED WANDERER , up here in Canada. So I got a Bro Deal on a sticker bundle and some patches, so help spread the blog and Youtube channel up here in Canada. Got a sticker on my Jeep already, going to add one on each side/back and front, figured this would be great advertising for @Panzer , expand his audience a bit up here in Canada. Thanks for the loot Panzer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    anrkst6973, Dagwood, mtngoat and 2 others like this.
  9. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Member

We hiked Mount LeConte last Friday. We stayed in Sevierville that night, so of course we hit SMKW the next day before heading home.

I picked up a new ESEE hat, passport holder and orange scales for my Candiru. I also bought my first Mora.

I'm looking forward to using the passport carrier next week when I head to the UK.

Strigidae, Zeek and Benson X like this.
  10. Benson X

Benson X Member

Hell yes! I am about to go pick one of those up tonight. Found a dude selling one (semi)locally for $400 w/ the battery. Gonna make these "new home" renovations much easier.

Seems like you and I are amassing the same Milwaukee collection. I want that radio, too! :cool:
    IMG_20170502_220329208.jpg

vBlake, ManOfSteel and Zeek like this.
  11. Benson X

Benson X Member

Damn...I may have to just order the CPO one. That extra battery makes it a killer deal, cheaper than the bare tool alone.

vBlake likes this.
  12. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

The sale ended at midnight. It's now $600 with 2 batteries or $500 for the bare tool.

13. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

The radio is totally kick ass. I had the old radio that didn't charge the batteries but some scumbag on a job stole it a few years back long with the battery, the sawzall that was right by it and the battery in the sawzall. This new radio is the nicest one I've seen yet.. super loud and clear sound, Bluetooth, charges my phone and the batteries. It'll also charge my phone while it's running on an M18 battery.

Delkancott likes this.
  14. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

I really wish makita would stop being so cheap and pay for the patent to charge batteries with the radio, I have the Bluetooth speaker and love it but I'm down a battery while I'm using it and then I still have to charge it when I'm done

AdamF and Dagwood like this.
  15. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Yea it's a pain. I have the M12 Bluetooth speaker that takes the little 12V battery and that's just fine for a day of tunes on the jobsite. I generally stick it in my welding bag and don't care what happens to it. But I need my 18V batteries when I need them and wasn't going to have a radio that couldn't charge them and also run off of one and do other things.

16. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Home Depot delivered my new set a day early with free shipping. Talk about service!

IMG_3181.JPG IMG_3182.JPG

koolaidnd and Theodore like this.
  17. Nether

Nether Member

Is Milwaukee made in China now, or just their low end series ? I reckon their upper tier tools are still USA made, no ?

18. AdamF

AdamF Member

Both fuel line? Nice. I have a makita platform as well. My brother uses a Milwaukee fuel hammer drill on the job site and that thing is an absolute beast of a drill.

19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Nope. Designed in USA. Made by Milwaukee in PRC. Pisses me off too.

Yea I'm switching everything to the FUEL line. The only thing I'm missing at this point is the 1/2" impact. The one I have isn't FUEL but it snapped a stud on my wife's Speed3 when I was changing a tire for her so I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

20. AdamF

AdamF Member

I wish I could afford to switch over. I think I'm in too deep with makita. First time I ever used a fuel was after I struggled for awhile with another drill to put a pilot hole into cement for a tapcon and I picked that thing up and it ate through cement like butter. Although I have broken a lot of screw heads off with it.