Grayman Knives

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by VolGrad, Nov 22, 2016.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

2. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

Yes and No. I do like the size and like the blade shape. I am still not getting used to the opening and closing though. That and the blade seems more stout than what I generally prefer.

I'm kind of on the fence. It's a really solid knife and I love who it looks. I just think in practice I prefer carrying my 21 or a Grip. I have been thinking about listing it for the past few days but for some reason keep putting it in my pocket each day.

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

.... was actually kind of thinking of listing it for sale to fund a Large We The People CRK 21.

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

UPDATE - I listed my Dua on BF. I think I'm going to pass it along. Great knife but I satisfied my curiosity for now.

6. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Member

Magic. It is a stout little blade though.

[​IMG]

7. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

More of a man than me. I still can't figure out how to easily deploy mine. That's one of the main reasons I am letting it go. I just prefer something smoother and easier like my CRK.

8. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the CF? Mine Ti/Ti Dua flung open like a rocket. The bushing pivot mixed with such a heavy blade made it almost feel assisted.

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

Mine is like an Umnum on steroids. I am sure it has to do with me pushing on the lockbar but still can't get it right. I also have to reach a little to get it open. It's like a two stage process with blade deployment - first stage is to get it partly open, second stage is to shift grip and finish the drill.

10. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Member

Yeah, the thumb studs do sit a little flush in relation to the scales so you kind of need to dig in there to get it going. My experience with this particular Dua, bought direct/new, was that it came pretty stiff. I did not bother messing with the pivot and it loosened up on its own. It flings open now. If I were to get another that was as stiff, I'd go directly with adjusting the pivot making sure to put some teflon tape or loctite in there to keep it at that sweet spot.

11. Menace

Menace Member

My dua is really stiff too. It really requires me to change my hand position when opening it. I have to be conscious of where my support fingers are and push UP on the thumb stud not out.

12. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

Exactly. That is a bit of an issue for me. I shipped mine to it's new owner today. Great knife - just not what I wanted. I have my CRK Large Insingo 21 back in my pocket.