Alone Season 3 - Patagonia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AddictedToSteel, Nov 16, 2016.

1. sd550

sd550 Member

Ain't too sure how much more of "Dave" I can stand !!!!!!!!!

2. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Gheez. The season just started and you are already there?

3. Mountainmistwanderer

I'm no master but a fish trap in shallow lazy waters. Don't see much return there except for maybe lil lil stuff.

AddictedToSteel likes this.
  4. Mountainmistwanderer

The look in the eyes of Zach on day4.... craziness is already setting in.

5. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

Carrying an unsheathed knife and an ax without a cover over what was already condemned as tricky ground with many roots and such, is anyone surprised that he fell and cut himself? A blind man could have seen that coming, but that sort of thing is to be expected from a youngster. It is a lesson he will never forget.

6. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

Episode two and my money is on the drywaller. Greg, isn't it?

He has no real loved ones except his daughter, who it seems he doesn't see a whole lot of. Already a loner and well used to being by himself.

7. Mountainmistwanderer

Where was all the blood on Zach? I mean the way he described the blood. It wasn't there. I call bs on Zach and his skills. A wasted slot on the show. Didn't he say that he spent 32 days out alone? I call bs.

Delkancott likes this.
  8. JAD

JAD Member

Before Zach even fell I asked no one in particular why is he carrying all his blades around with exposed edges. Idiot.

The drywaller wins. For one thing he "seems" hardened by a tough life but also appears to have the requisite skills to hang around somewhere for a good while. Lastly, he is in the hunt for some real sustenance, meat by way of the boar. Good hunting. Lastly, lastly, didn't he make reference to fish being abundant and the need for smoking/curing fish for longer term storage.

Why don't any fat people try out for this show. Someone above mentioned going into the wilderness "Thanksgiving full". How about a 300 lb'er taking a shot at living off his "fat of the land" (you know, like a bear in hibernation). :D

9. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

Last season we had Tracy and she was big. She tapped out when she yelled at a bear cub and felt really bad because of it. It almost seems like they choose people with mental conditions and major personal issues. In season one, Mitch was one of the last four, I think, but finally tapped out because a couple days before he left home they found out his mom had cancer. He tapped because he didn't want to come home victorious only to find his mom had died while he was gone. I wonder if they would give him another chance.

10. Tinbanger

Tinbanger Member

There was one thing that bothered me about Greg. He could only take 6 arrows and he chose carbon fiber. Then decided to shoot into a tree? Doesn't that ruin carbon arrows?

11. BlackAshInheritance

BlackAshInheritance Member

Maybe it's located at lago puelo national park? I saw the trout there and remember reading long ago about patagonia and a trout species they were fishing...

12. BlackAshInheritance

BlackAshInheritance Member

Maybe it's located at lago puelo national park in patagonia, read of a species of trout that looks like what they were catching there.

13. Spikebot587

Spikebot587 Member

I'm not trying to argue with your view, but I've always liked the idea of thanking your kill. Its the same thing as when a hunter eates the heart of the deer they killed, or drinks its blood. it harkens back to the native Americans. To the belief that every living thing has a soul and a connection to the world around you. To me it's not about thanking the fish for dying for you, it's about recognizing that it didn't die for a useless purpose. That's just my 2 cents on it, and keep in mind this is coming from one who no longer believes in a higher power.

14. Spikebot587

Spikebot587 Member

And the fact that just a few.minutes earlier he was complaining how he kept tripping on the roots, them went ahead and with an unscathed axe, idiot

AddictedToSteel likes this.
  15. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

Not believing in a higher power makes your position a reasonable one. Because I do believe in a higher power and also believe that only humans have a soul, the idea of killing and eating something with a soul seems creepy to me, almost like cannibalism, since they would be just like me.

16. Baldcutnut

Baldcutnut Member

Almost exactly what I said to my wife when it happened.

17. Mountainmistwanderer

Like I said. I call bs on his skills. I think he lied about his real abilities to the casting crew and he couldn't handle it. I started calling him out the moment he was crying about the birds.I mean come on. That's a given in the great outdoors.

Treehorn likes this.
  18. Treehorn

Treehorn Member

Just caught up. You could tell Zach was going home the second he was on camera, that cut was just the crap excuse he needed. Definitely a spoiled kid, totally in contrast the the Drywall dude who I'm betting on also to win. "Hardened by life" and "already a loner" as posted above is dead on in my opinion. Can't stand that hyper dick with the crazy hair.

Mountainmistwanderer and Josip like this.
  19. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Member

Looking forward to the season where one of the contestants chooses 50 lbs of biltong for his ten items

20. Josip

Josip Member

30 episodes 3 seasons?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016