Buckeyes on the road to second National Championship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wildbill247365, Nov 26, 2016.

1. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Bama looks so good because they have not had a particularly difficult schedule...Let's not forget that OSU currently has one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) teams in the NCAA. They weren't suppose to be this good this year. Let's also not forget they were completely discounted against Bama 2 years ago and they won with their 3rd string QB....Go Bucks!!!

2. Vtach

Vtach Member

I would have to disagree with that simply because in just about every SOS poll they are in the top 10. I agree that their non-conference schedule is lack luster but stating the above is waaaay off mark. Plus doin all this with a true freshman QB is pretty awesome.

3. Vtach

Vtach Member

Agreed.

4. Vtach

Vtach Member

Saban is a good coach no doubt, but what i think alot of Bama fans dont realize is that a very large portion of Alabama's success has come from his coaching staff, but of coarse the head coach is going to get all the credit.

5. Wildbill247365

Wildbill247365 Member

All I know for sure is all this Alabama cheering happened two years ago and everyone said OSU would not have a chance. But with a third string QB playing in his first game OSU walked away with the win.
    Then those same people kinda ignored that fact and said well Oregon was going to walk all,over OSU once again they walked away with the win again. It seems no one likes remembering that little slice of history.

6. Vtach

Vtach Member

No i can assure you that as an Alabama fan I vividly remember it and realize that it can happen again. It sounds like more to me that you're really trying to play the underdog card for unknown reasons. Its football. Anybody can be beaten on any given day. No one in this forum has said anything at all related to counting ohio state out from winning the national championship UNLESS the playoff committee does not select them to be in the final 4 which COULD happen if penn state were to win the big x championship. Thats not doubting osu's ability to win, thats just a realistic observation that very well could happen. Now, do i feel that osu shld be in the top 4 if penn state wind the big x title? No i dont. And the reason behind tht is because penn state won their conference PLUS beat ohio state in a head to head match which would make me feel that penn state was the better team. Thats not a dig at osu or doubting them or any other negativism, thats just my observation from what ive seen. If you can tellme why that opinion is wrong, then im all ears. This isnt about osu being an underdog or counting osu out like you say they were in the past, this is about what has happened THIS year. Cant make it much simplier than that.

7. Wildbill247365

Wildbill247365 Member

Playing the under dog????? I am just responding to those who have responded by stating OSU should not be considered!!! My first post was on the road to playing in the National Championship game! !! I never stated they where going to play in it or that they should, but there is a chance. Hence the comment "On The Road". It was then that the comments of why the shouldn't be considered. That is what I am responding to. It sounds like you are the one with the issue not me. With that being said I feel nothing good can come from this conversation but arguments so we will just wait and see how this all plays out. GO BUCKS!!!!!!

8. Vtach

Vtach Member

Ok, I understand your point. And no sir, I don't have a problem of any kind. I was only stating an opinion to your original post which I felt also was also related to the topic at hand but my intentions was not to ruffle any feathers, so for that...I apologize. Good luck to your team for the rest of the season.

Wildbill247365 likes this.
  9. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

Alabama is going to take the cake this year....;)

10. Vtach

Vtach Member

Idk man, we've had a lot of wishy washy games and there's some good competition out there.

11. Wildbill247365

Wildbill247365 Member

I would love to see another match up:) no matter who would win it would be a kick ass game that is a guarantee:cool::cool:

12. silliussodus

silliussodus Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  13. Scott Whittington

Scott Whittington Member

The play off desperately needs to go to 8 teams. I have no dog in this fight but will root for the ACC, which I do not think Clemson has a prayer of winning it all, but still gotta represent. I do think the SEC is a much weaker conference this year. That can be proven just on a lot of SEC team records. I do not know what to expect but based on the fact Michigan went to OSU, took them to double overtime and then lost, it sucks they will not be included. Would love to see that game played again! Regardless I think the OSU and Michigan rivalry is finally back for the next few years or more, that game should be a lot of fun to watch again.

Slade likes this.
  14. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

So, Ohio State, ranked number 2, defeats the University of Michigan, ranked number 3, with a field goal in double overtime.

Michigan will drop in the rankings since they now have 2 losses, yet if they drop to, say, 5 or 6, shouldn't Ohio State also drop in the rankings since they were barely able to eek out a win over what would now be a #5 or #6 ranked team? Ohio State should drop to #3 or #4.

15. Wildbill247365

Wildbill247365 Member

A win is a win:p plus that team up north was not ranked #5 or #6 at the time of the WIN IN DOUBLE OVER TIME:D:D:D I think Michigan fans should be more worried about their coach who seems a little unstable:cool::cool: plus the possible assault charges on Pepper for punching fan after the game. 43 seniors could not beat 44 freshmen players, and you wonder why it was a close game? With 43 seniors they should have won, sorry they where not up for the challenge that a FRESHMEN team gave them :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

16. Vtach

Vtach Member

Its going to be very interesting to see how things pan out. Im very interested in seeing where the playoff committee places penn state and michigan tonight. In my crappy opinion, if penn state is placed 6th or lower, i do not feel tht the committee has any intention of placing them in the top 4 even if they win the big x, butni cld be wrong. If penn state does win the big x, its going to be a mad house and a ton of weight on the committes shoulders. Gotta love college football.

Oh and i agree abt the osu and michigan game. Best game of the season so far imo.

17. Joelski

Joelski Member

Meat chicken wasn't ranked 6th or 7th at the time they lost... What was your question again?

18. Joelski

Joelski Member

OSU needs to get their D woke up toot sweet, or they aren't going much further. They should have demolished ichigan if they wouldn't have blown stupid defensive plays.

19. Wildbill247365

Wildbill247365 Member

Totally agree and the offense needs to give JT more time in the pocket.

20. Joelski

Joelski Member

They could totally beat the clowns for a championship, but I don't think that's an award anybody wants.

:D