Ashley Game Knife sheath

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Creaky Bones, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Member

I recently picked up a AGK in S35VN. Love it. It’s going to be my new fishing companion. My dilema is I had planned on putting the kydex sheath in one of the shoulder bags I usually grab for wandering in the woods, so I put the AGK in a spare leather sheath and prepped the kydex with a paracord belt loop that would lay flat when the sheath was in the bag. Great plan, and I was very happy with it. Then I lost the sheath. Is there a way to buy a replacement kydex for the AGK? If so, is there a discount for being stupid, or would there be a penalty for it o_O

Any help would be much appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Checking on your question sir.

3. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Member

Thank you!

Lostviking and Strigidae like this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

So far I've learned that we dont sell it by itself just yet but its in the works. I dont have a timeline yet.

Creaky Bones likes this.
  5. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

You can get an Armatus Kydex sheath for it from our website.

6. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Member

Thank you gentlemen.

Lostviking and Strigidae like this.
  7. Lostviking

Lostviking Member

Bummer about your sheath. Hope it shows soon.

Awesome about the knife.

8. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Member

I’ve been selling a bunch of knives and gear that don’t get used (while still keeping a ridiculous pile of both) lately. I’ve been on a haversack/shoulder bag/canteen carrier binge lately. They work well for me for wandering around in the woods or random fishing trips. One of the reasons I picked up the AGK was to carry in one of those bags. One of the bags that I tried was the Helikon-Tex Bushcraft haversack. Almost perfect bag, but the buckle flap closure thing they used sucks. It’s flimsy and it requires both hands to close. I sold the bag to one of the BCUSA members in Texas. After upending my house and shed multiple times looking for the sheath, a tiny spark ignited in my even tinier brain. I messaged him and he checked one of the many pockets in the bag to find this-
    IMG_0939.jpeg
    He happily sent the sheath back to me. All is now right in the world and I learned a valuable lesson- check the pockets before you send someone a bag. Thanks LV!

9. Lostviking

Lostviking Member

Funny, I almost said “check all your pack Pockets”
    But I figured you had already.

Not because I’m some search savant, but because that is where I find most of my lost goodies.
    Usually months or years later after they have been given up on and replaced.

That is the only fault I find with the Becker Patrol Pack.
    Lots of pockets to store stuff, means lots of places to lose stuff.
    Other than that, I love the thing.

Glad you found your missing sheath.
    LV,

10. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Had this nifty bag that had removable sections, I pad case, fanny pack, two main compartments and a large side bag that all zipped together, and molle anywhere a couple runs would fit. I had used it for a range bag while working in Mississippi but decided it would make a good carry on for plane trips between home and Cape Cod for work. I checked every pocket several times looking for that odd shell case and was confident I had it all. When the TSA emptied it on a table as they asked me to follow them I knew I missed something. They sat me in a room with a window looking out on their operation, they ran the bag through x-ray then rummaged through it, ran, rummaged more. They came and got me, showed me the x-ray.... 3 loaded 1911 magazines in a holder on the molle between two sections, the zipper cover worked well, they couldn't figure out how to get to them, how I forgot them is beyond me. I got a stern talking to, told to come to the local PD when I get back for the magazines, and sent on my way..... whew, that could have been bad. Never got the mags back but even at Wilson prices it was a cheap lesson.