Show off your vehicle

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Strigidae, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

You could buy something like this and wire the trigger side to your switch panel and then your + inverter input cable to the relay's main terminals, then you could turn the inverter on and off from your switch panel provided the inverter switch doesn't require you to turn it back on every time it loses power. Some of the newer electronics will do that. If they every lose power then the switch on the device has to be turned back on to power up. Probably some safety thing for idiots who don't understand how to put toothpaste on their toothbrush without an instruction manual and supervision.

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 8.16.20 AM.png

C99c and Frigin like this.
  2. Frigin

Frigin Member

Hahahahahaha

3. Skip808

Skip808 Member

The ‘ol girl got some new boots today!
    34A8B6B4-70B5-4C7C-99C4-6C5610F583B4.jpeg
    And a little jewelry too.
    8FA2201E-610D-4CCB-8BE1-3067DF2AB7E4.jpeg
    The Hercules tires are quieter and smoother than BFG ATs. I’m liking them. Had to go to 3 shops to find any 265x75R16s. Pretty wild never had that happen before. Last shop is more unknown and honestly a little out of the way but he’ll be my go to now. Id share where but nobody else here can drive to him hahaha.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    SofTwoody88, R Stowe, C99c and 2 others like this.
  4. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

I'm curious to hear how you like them after awhile. That's the size I'm going to put on my ZR2 when the time comes for new tires.

Skip808 likes this.
  5. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of my ZR2, I don't think I've uploaded photos here. So far I've really liked it. Front and rear lockers, Multimatic DSSV suspension, and decent armor from the factory. It's got a 30% rear seat delete for a fridge, KMC 16-inch wheels, the Alu Cab Explorer Canopy, the Roofnest Condor Overland tent, a bunch of Blue Ridge Overland Gear organization. A helper spring set and a hidden winch are next on the list.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roadgunner007, C99c, Frigin and 4 others like this.
  6. Skip808

Skip808 Member

Once I’ve got some miles on I’ll post up a review. Hopefully going to get them dirty this weekend.

R Stowe likes this.
  7. TerryD

TerryD Member

Been dragging my feet on this project. Decided that it's better to have it roughly installed then continue to sit on a shelf.

Also, it's looking like I'll be going with an air locker in the rear soon and ditching the e-locker.

Mounted my compressor and wired it up.

20230323_174938.jpg

The wiring will need cleaned up once I finalize the operation.

I'm wanting to add a manifold with a relief valve and possibly a tank underneath where the spare tire originally was.

SofTwoody88, Frigin, Skip808 and 2 others like this.
  8. TerryD

TerryD Member

9. Frigin

Frigin Member

Mine is still sitting on the shelf after pulling it out of the jeep. I need to install it in the ram now

TerryD likes this.
  10. TerryD

TerryD Member

So the Xterra isn't going anywhere anytime soon and a buddy made me a deal in the stuff to do a "poor man's" Titan Swap.

20230506_162222.jpg

So here it is. Gained some good travel and about 6" of width in the front and then I added 2" wheel spacers to the rear to help even up the track.

SofTwoody88, C99c, Strigidae and 2 others like this.
  11. C99c

C99c Member

I've rode in and played around with a couple of Frontiers with the Titan swaps. Seems like a great mod.
    Also, the more I'm around Frontiers the more I regret passing on good deals on them pre-covid.

TerryD likes this.
  12. TerryD

TerryD Member

People nag Nissan, but the Xterra and Frontier are pretty good vehicles. I'll admit they didn't support their customers when the transmissions were failing on them and that cost them a lot of consumer confidence.

However, once that issue was solved in about 2010, the 4.0L and 5 speed auto are a pretty bullet proof combo. I love mine, both on road and off.

C99c likes this.
  13. C99c

C99c Member

I daily a Toyota (4th Gen 4runner) and am very happy with it. To the point that if it's ever stolen or totaled I'll likely replace it with another of the same. If I were shopping mid sized trucks it would be between a 2nd Gen Tacoma and a 2nd Gen Frontier. And the Frontier would be on top of the list.
    Pre Covid craziness the local dealers were running Desert Runner crew cab packages for just over $20K with 100K/10 year warranty. And begging people to make them go lower. Those quickly became $30K trucks when the Gen2.5 Frontiers (same truck, different engine and tran) were delayed. I should have bought one. About that same time there was a very cleanly modded Frontier on Expo portal forum with Titan upgrades and all the right mods. I even bought a plane ticket to go get that one but waited too long.

The lower ride height versus the Tacoma bothers some. Taking a tape measure underneath both will surprise many. A Frontier with a 2-3" lift is a very capable daily driver and offroader. Of course, so is a stock Frontier or Tacoma.

Everyone gets excited by Raptor this and AEV that will trail/crawl/goat mode control. Give me a simple midsize with good shocks and a dialed in traction control. Throw a Detroit Truetrac in if it doesn't have a selectable locker and it'll go anywhere you point it while not being annoying for a daily.

Last edited: May 14, 2023
    TerryD likes this.
  14. Roadgunner007

Roadgunner007 Member

15. Roadgunner007

Roadgunner007 Member

16. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Just added a 2.5x2.5m canvas awning to to side of my rack. This mounting is temporary till I modify some existing-awn specific brackets to work with the awning. They will mount it lower and closer in. But I want to start using it next weekend away so I cobbled up a mod to the supplied brackets to work with my rack.

image2.jpeg