Wallet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wisdom, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

I’m looking for a new wallet. My current wallet is a Recycled Firefighter which has been awesome. I’m extremely rough on clothing and wallets but the Recycled firefighter has held up well. I’ve worn thru all sides of it and need to replace. I love leather, but I sweat 24 hours a day from April til October so leather and cordura doesn’t do well. Any recommendations? Im also fond of smaller American companies.

Adventurer and C99c like this.
  2. olderguy

olderguy Member

If your looking to a downsize wallet I've been carrying a FlipSide for several years now and happy I found it. Hard sided and carries well in front pocket.

3. McKROB

McKROB Member

If you’re just carrying cards, the Ridge wallet is awesome, I’ve had mine for just over a year and can’t think of anything negative to say about it.

I ordered the strapped model and an optional money clip, so I’ve got the cash strap on one side and the money clip on the other. The clip can also be used to clip it to your pocket.

I also ordered the Cavity Tray, which fits a key or a couple of coins, but found I was never using it, so I removed it to make it a bit thinner.

B1D959DC-D861-43D4-885D-49F410C51269.jpeg

CBCB3774-E456-4BC8-A826-0CDF1D750F51.jpeg

with eight cards in it

C6D871B9-9408-430E-8E1A-BF085A224CE3.jpeg

4. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

If you love leather, check out saddleback leather. I’ve been carrying a bifold on the farm for more than a decade now I think and it’s still like new. Highly highly recommend.

5. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

If you're going for low profile and slimline @Bushman5 and @anrkst6973 are always raving about how much stuff they can fit inside their discrete "prison wallets" you'll have to ask them though i never inquired exactly what it was or where to get one..

jbs121s, ASH and anrkst6973 like this.
  6. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

.. on a serious note, I've been using a small leather card slip I can still fold a couple bills into. The reduced size is awesome making front pocket carry much easier and it limits the clutter, but it's so small I occasionally forget it's in there or it gets pulled out accidentally with my phone etc.. 16623434409923707866386867822195.jpg

7. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Screenshot_20220904-190631_Chrome.jpg

anrkst6973 likes this.
  8. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

My current one is a Maxped tri fold, I had a Spec Ops for years before that was essentially the same thing. I never took to the clip in card carry idea. Most times mine is in my truck console compartment anyway, it just migrates to pocket when I’m actually going into the store. Sorry, I’m not much help with this one. :(

Twoody88 likes this.
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

I’ve got a Col. Littleton one that’s really similar. It is of great quality and I mostly use it for business cards.

Twoody88 likes this.
  10. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I had a wallet made by JU17 Tactical Gear on Etsy. It’s a one man shop in the Ukraine. The wallet had most of the features I wanted and he made some custom adjustments/tweaks so mine was exactly what I wanted….I’ve had it for 4 years and there’s not a thing wrong with it…Shipping was only a few weeks but I think he might be doing it a little differently now and it might be faster…

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JU17TacticalGear

Twoody88 likes this.
  11. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Those look sweet !

OutdoorsFamilyMan likes this.
  12. Kylemeister

Kylemeister Member

Twoody88 likes this.
  13. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

James Yeager (RIP) had one of these. Not quite my style. I’m more of a Mister Wolf.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    Kylemeister likes this.
  14. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

I ended up with a Maxpedtion. Really a great wallet for $20! We’ll see about durability over time.