Izula II s35vn???

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by CWB, Feb 3, 2022.

1. CWB

CWB Member

can you not get this model with scales?

2. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Not sure how well they fit on a stainless version but I have one of these on my 1095 with powder coat finish and love it. It does add quite a bit of weight though...

https://theknifeconnection.com/esee-izula/

The Marsh Gorilla and CWB like this.
  3. CWB

CWB Member

yea I know about these. I want the factory scales with the knife. not sure why it's not an option

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I assume you mean Izula I. Unless you know something i dont. :)

Supply chain issues. New product etc. Nothing has changed here.

Im pretty sure the izula in 1095 was released and then all the options. Until they can catch up and start having options you will have to buy them separate. They want more than anything to give products people will buy.

5. CWB

CWB Member

Don’t they sell the Izula with scales? Shouldn’t make a bit off difference the blade material to have scales with it. They’re the same shape

6. Strigidae

They sure do but they dont for the s35v YET. I dont know when. Nothing is predicable at this time.

7. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

We don’t make the Izula II in S35vn yet.

Also, we only make the I2 with scales. There is no Scale-less option for an Izula 2.

the scales on the I2 will NOT work on the regular Izula. Just covering all the bases.

Bustedaw11 and Strigidae like this.
  8. CWB

CWB Member

Ok. What got me confused was SMKW in their description said they fit both models

9. Strigidae

That is getting checked on. May take awhile to see whats going on there. Thanks for the heads up.

10. shaneadams90

I feel certain this is incorrect...given the Izula 2 is 1/2" long handle than the OG Izula...listed different on our own site as well.. Once I confirm with @Mike Perrin I will reach out to SMKW to correct it.

CWB and Strigidae like this.
  11. shaneadams90

Just confirmed what I felt sure about with Mike...

Izula scales and Izula II scales are NOT interchangeable...

Our scales are on our website:
    https://eseeknives.com/product/replacement-handles

Now to get to the original question from @CWB ....I think what you were asking was WHY can't you get the Izula in S35vn with scales...

At this point I think we've sold close to 3k of this model (more on the way) and this is the FIRST request I've seen for an Izula with scales.... simply put, we have to draw a line on what we can/are willing to produce. Our current product line is approaching 400 SKUs (if NOT slightly over)...

Imagine being a dealer of ours and trying to decide what to stock and what not to stock...it's tough. While everyone wants a knife done THIER way we simply can't do it all....our blades are a lot like Glocks or Legos...the purchase is the beginning....buy it, then make it your own.

We offer products on our page and support the secondary market better than any other knife brand I know. Simply bc we want to help our customers make their blade their own...but at the end of the day...it's up to the end user to make the knife they want....it's also why our warranty covers customer made modifications...want a 90* spine...put it on there...

joe27, Michael W., Adventurer and 8 others like this.
  12. CWB

CWB Member

Thanks Shane for the clarification and your reply about this on Instagram. I just ordered one with aftermarket scales from Dale @ TKC. Don’t trouble yourself with this so you can focus on the CR3.0. :D

Bob

13. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

This is exactly why we love Esee! There is no other company that comes anywhere close to Esee in regards of support.
    I stopped buying Beckers when I was told if there was evidence of batoning they wouldn't warranty a blade for anything.. why do you buy a knife like that if not for things like that? They're loss was Esee's gain and I couldn't be happier.
    Thanks!

Ps, I'd be in for an s35 Izzy 2 if they ever come about ;)

erik, oconnor, Bozho and 1 other person like this.
  14. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

I never knew that about the Becker warranty. Thanks for sharing that, makes it easier to not continue being curious about trying a BK9.

Zeek and oconnor like this.
  15. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

Sorry, not to hijack the thread...

"KA-BAR Knives, Inc. (the "Company") warrants, to the original purchaser of the product only, that this product will be free from defects in material and craftsmanship under normal use and maintenance for the lifetime of the original purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not apply to any failure of, defect in, or damage to the product caused by neglect, normal wear and tear, or by improper use, including throwing the product, batoning with the product, using the blades as a can opener, chisel, pry bar, screwdriver, digging tool, or for any heavy work for which the product was not designed."

They state batoning here. Also I've read a ton of stories about warranties being denied because of it. I havnt needed to try and use thier warranty myself but I don't plan on finding out the hard way that I can't. I'll stick with Esee and know I'm covered with a great product and team behind it.

The Marsh Gorilla, oconnor and Bozho like this.
  16. shaneadams90

There are several models that make a lot of sense to offer in S35vn...the Izzy 2 being one, so does the 3&4HM knives... It is highly unlikely we will do ANYTHING larger than the existing E4 in S35vn...we just feel like there are better options out there for a 5"+ size blade made for hard use...especially when we are committed to retaining a high level of edge retention...

I know you want more details and probably have follow up questions so let me go ahead and answer those for you now:

1. No
    2. Not yet.
    3. I don't know when.
    4. See #1.
    5. Covid.
    6. Supply chain.
    7. See #5 & #6.
    8. Because we don't want to.
    9. I'm busy...we are ALL BUSY.
    10. See #3

17. CWB

CWB Member