Gun Pics!

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Bcamos, Sep 8, 2016.

1. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

I forget which YouTube gun personality used it that I heard first(maybe IraqVet88), but I’ve always like “Best mm”.

I took way too long deciding what sights I wanted to swap the factory plastic adjustables for, now that I have swapped them it’s become my edc gun cause the differences between it and the G22 I had been edc’n were so negligible to me.

If I knew what I do now after owning this G20 I would’ve bought a G20 or G29 as my first pistol when I turned 21 instead of the G23C I had and would only have 40sw conversion barrels.

Zeek and Kaw-liga like this.
  2. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Zeek likes this.
  3. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

B7F5DE63-BB92-43E5-9CAE-F05A013C3732.jpeg 8856D082-B893-4FC9-A931-572614029B6C.jpeg Speaking of “other mm’s”, my old edc G22 I grip chopped years ago with a 40sw-9mm conversion barrel, G17 mag with factory +extension and G27 with factory +extension just to test 9mm out of a 40sw mag. Holds 13rnds so if they work ok I’ll likely get a few G26 mags with the extensions preinstalled and keep practicing with this until I feel it’s reliable for edc

4. anomad

anomad Member

Do you have any malfunctions with the 9mm conversion barrel? I had a Lone Wolf (love those guys) and it would always malfunction 1 in 1000/500. Always during a match I was trying to win. I sold it off. I replaced the sold conversion barrel with a long slide 9mm. :D

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  5. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

What longslide you get? Was tempted for years by the G24 and G17L then the G40 came out since I started becoming a 10mm whore. I want a long slide of some sort, but can’t decide which path to take. I don’t shoot any comps, just hunt so going strictly 9mm isn’t high in priority. I leaned G40 but don’t care for the MOS system and how it makes the Leupold DPP sit higher than a custom milled slide. I guess ideally I’d just go for a Lonewolf longslide for my Gen3 G20 frame have it milled. Or just run a Leup DPP on a dovetail plate and drop a 6” barrel in when hunting.

None so far, but it’s only been a couple mags. Definitely not enough to trust it as a carry gun. I have read when getting an RSA with a pound or two lighter than stock spring will help with that. I bought the conversion barrel a few years ago thinking it’ll be cheaper to practice with 115gr ball than any 40sw then the last ammo shortage/2020 hit. I picked up 100rds +p critical duty to run through it since Lonewolf suggests breaking in with +p or +p+. Once the ammo situation got to be how it was I just shelved it all and haven’t shot much at all like I used to. Just still buying some to build stock.

This is kinda just a project gun at this point. I did the grip chop to match my wife’s G27 years ago when I first got my ccw permit then it just started sitting in a closet once I realized I had no issues concealing a full size duty pistol and got a second G22, now moved on to a G20 most times. I’m thinking that digging out the 40-9mm barrel will cause that “G27L” to get some play time again.

*Also when I ordered from Lonewolf I asked them to polish the feed ramp and chamber for me.

Zeek likes this.
  6. anomad

anomad Member

[​IMG]

Figured since it is a picture thread I better play along...

I'm totally out of the loop, I didn't even know there was a Glock 40 model in their offerings. Just looked at new Glock prices and holy cow! I haven't shot a match in years, but I did IDPA a lot back in the day. Being set up for reloading I've been able to coast through the ups and downs of the ammo/component market fairly comfortably.

I should simplify down to just 9mm and 38/357. But 44 and 10mm are hard to let go of. Kind of like having a Junglas around to clean your fingernails with. Overkill is satisfying.

Those Lone Wolf long slides for the G20 are super tempting. I have the 6" barrel already. Great way to squeeze a few more fps out of the 10mm.

7. Bozho

Bozho Member

The 34 is a great gun!
    If someday we have fewer restrictions, I would definitely get one.

The Marsh Gorilla and anomad like this.
  8. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Always liked it and the 17L.

Bozho and Zeek like this.
  9. Kevin

Kevin Member

The West coast of Newfoundland (The best coast)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2022
  10. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Lets change the subject here fellas. This could go into political territory real fast.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  11. Kevin

Kevin Member

Sorry... I can't see how to delete it.

12. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I can delete it if you want.

EDIT: Deleted.

13. Kevin

Kevin Member

Please.

Strigidae likes this.
  14. ny700

ny700 Member

11.5” barrel. Honestly I can’t remember the company that makes the bag. I thought it was a company called elite survival but maybe not.

15. ny700

ny700 Member

17L
    4E09AA4D-BEFE-4CC3-9E11-A5E99A64DB6A.jpeg 92600C5C-C2BE-4203-BB73-ECDAC042F489.jpeg

Kaw-liga, Strigidae, Bozho and 3 others like this.
  16. anomad

anomad Member

I have a really long very quiet non firearm air powered toy.

20 foot pounds of energy delivered with almost no noise.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  17. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Zeek likes this.
  18. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

So this happened today. Been wanting a suppressor ready .45 for a while. I'll probably place my order Friday for a Rugged Obsidian and begin the wait. :( IMG_20220125_193226818-01.jpeg

Zeek, ny700, Kevin and 5 others like this.
  19. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Nice score!

Zeek and Kaw-liga like this.
  20. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

C945D626-01E8-44D4-9585-5F3285AB827F.jpeg 13” 5.56 and AE320CC4-86E1-460B-976B-EE23E3E661E1.jpeg 10.5” 300blk both sharing the same pistol lower.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.