ESEE comparisons

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Strigidae, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Mannlicher

Mannlicher Member

some of my newer ESEE blades
    [​IMG]

2. HbDave

HbDave Member

Thank you.
    Been looking for a side x side comparison of the esee 3 and 3hm.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Stayinsharp and Strigidae like this.
  3. HbDave

HbDave Member

Sure like looks of those there.
    Good collection.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  4. Elishea Buckley

Elishea Buckley Member

I've had the esee 3 in s35vn on my list for awhile now. That'll be the next esee blade I end up getting. Great photo and great collection too BTW.

Stayinsharp likes this.
  5. Stayinsharp

Stayinsharp Member

The Esee 3 (in all its renderings) is the best of the best offered by this amazing brand. All day long the Esee 3 will have your back. Whether food prep, skinning, or woodcraft. Esee 3 (standard, mil, HM, s35vn) is G2G

Bustedaw11, Danny D, Bozho and 2 others like this.
  6. Elishea Buckley

Elishea Buckley Member

I couldn't agree more. My esee3 in 1095 has been my edc for several months now. And it's used every single day doung something. Just wanna have the updated steel version too. Of all my esee blades i absolutely love my esse 3.

Bozho likes this.
  7. WCT

WCT Member

I completely agree. The Esee 3 is for me I think the most versatile, close-to-perfect blade I think I’ve ever found. Just long enough to get some real work (field dressing, skinning, food prep, woodcraft) done, but short enough to not be cumbersome (along with the added bonus of being a legal-to-carry blade in many states/cities with restrictions). Thick enough to be strong/reliable, but thin enough to slice. Good amount of belly, but pointy enough for incisions. The standard version also has the finger guard for self-defense applications. It’s full tang, it’s not too heavy. It’s affordable! Plentiful aftermarket options for scales and sheaths. And although I prefer the 1095, you can find it in upgraded steels to suit your needs or preferences.. I love and use many of Esee’s offerings, but the 3/3hm for me is the gold standard. They hit the sweet spot with this one.

The Marsh Gorilla and Bozho like this.
  8. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

Wildcat and Strigidae like this.
  9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Does anyone have the cm6 with tkc grips they'd be willing to take a photo from the top view? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

10. Bozho

Bozho Member

11. Alloutofbubblegum

Alloutofbubblegum Member

[​IMG]
    Hello all
    I have an izula black in 1095 and just got one in s35vn. The s35vn won't fit in my armatus sheath nor the original sheath for the 1095. Is it wider or thicker than the regular izulas?
    https://imgur.com/gallery/1EclX8X

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
  12. WCT

WCT Member

Not that I’m aware of. My s35 Izula is interchangeable into my stock plastic and aftermarket kydex sheaths, although the kydex is from rk, and my 1095 Izula & Izula 2 are both the black oxide. However, my s35 3 is not interchangeable with my 1095 3, in their armatus sheaths. Armatus, as with many kydex makers, has wicked tight clearances, so even something as minimal as a powder coat will make a difference with fitment. You can use a hair dryer or a heat gun to play around with the fit on kydex. I have no explanation or useful input for the issue with the stock plastic sheath though, other than it indicates a possible anomaly in the sheath or the knife.

Alloutofbubblegum likes this.
  13. Alloutofbubblegum

Alloutofbubblegum Member

Yeah it looks like the s35 is slightly longer. I emailed armatus and got a new sheath just in case!

WCT likes this.
  14. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Sorry for the delayed response and I saw your email as well...I've been on the road all day today and just back home. There should NOT be an issue with sheath fitment. I have taken your photo and email and forwarded it onto Rowen to get their feedback and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them.

ASH, Alloutofbubblegum and Strigidae like this.
  15. Alloutofbubblegum

Alloutofbubblegum Member

Hey thanks! Let me know if you want more pictures.

16. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

I have spoken with Shon Rowen and also Matt of Armatus sheath and here is what I've found:

Is there a difference in dimension between the S35vn and 1095 Izula?
    According to Shon there maybe thousandths of an inch difference between the two steels simply bc they are all hand sharpened and the higher Rockwell S35vn knife doesn't lose as much material in the process.

Is there a difference in the factory injection molded sheaths?
    None whatsoever. All our Izula sheaths are made in the same die and share the same dimensions across the board for S35vn, powder coated, and black oxide Izula.

Is there a difference in Armatus sheaths?
    None at all. Just talked to Matt at Armatus and he's made roughly 10k Izula sheaths in the last year with one complaint on fitment.

Proposed solution from both ESEE/Rowen and Armatus.
    Shon asked that you make sure that you are seating the S35vn into the sheath with some force. New sheaths require quite a bit of force initially. If you are certain it's not fitting head to the warranty page on www.eseeknives.com and send in the affected knife and sheath for warranty inspection. Once it arrives at the Rowen factory they will determine if something is out of spec and make it right one way or the other.

Armatus asked that you send in the affected sheath for the same issue and will resolve in the same way as Rowen.

17. Alloutofbubblegum

Alloutofbubblegum Member

I responded to the email.
    You guys are incredible! (In a good way of course!!!)

shaneadams90 likes this.