EDC Fixed Blade Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by hebrewhammer762, May 4, 2021.

1. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

If you are worried about it being too thick you might want to shy away from Izula??? It is thick for it's size (but that is one of the reasons so many people like it). If you want a slicer choose a thin knife designed for the job. If you want something that you can really use hard and not worry about the Izula may be your knife.

I think a lot of people are waiting for the release of the ESEE CR-3.0

https://knifenews.com/esee-readies-the-cr-3-0-for-release-later-this-year/

hebrewhammer762 likes this.
  2. Justin Bohnett

Justin Bohnett Member

3. hebrewhammer762

hebrewhammer762 Member

I honestly think I'm just gonna wait for the CR 3.0. It ticks pretty much all boxes of what I'm looking for. Now if only we could get an update on when it's supposed to be released... Hopefully Blade Show?!

4. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Yeah hopefully it is released soon!

It's anybody's guess... I am hoping we will be able to buy it by the end of the year. I know they are really busy keeping up with all of the demand for their other models right now but it would be nice if they could squeeze a couple batches of the CR-3.0 into their production schedule sometime soon :rolleyes:

5. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

I love 1095, I can make it hair popping sharp with little effort, ideal for a knife that could be asked to slice a tomato or used to chop through some wire, I've been amazed how little I have to sharpen it. I have carried an Izula for around two years now, got lots of food time like cutting my meat, some prep but it's not a chefs knife. Only upgrade I made was a kydex sheath for a smaller profile in my overalls plier pocket. I used black silicone to seal the G-10 scales to the metal so those nasty bugs wouldn't have anywhere to hide.

6. hebrewhammer762

hebrewhammer762 Member

I love 1095 as well. My Laser Strike cuts like... well... a laser. I guess my main concern is rust from acidic food prep (I strip the coating off all my knives), but I also might be overthinking it.

7. Justin Bohnett

Justin Bohnett Member

My JG5 rusted up once after I left deer blood on it for too long. A little steel wool cleaned it up instantly. Took zero effort.

8. Glockednlocked

Glockednlocked Member

I know this is an older thread so not really even answering the original poster it sounds like you’ve done a good job of thinking through what your needs are but I mainly just posting to kind of resurrect the discussion of caring a small fix play it’s a practice I have really gotten into I have a couple of sort of exotic ones that I’ve been carrying Lightly and enjoying some variety but I will tell you my favorite all-time was an Izula with some of the TKC early scales. I Asked that thing for its life on a regular basis and it never let me down even though it’s a little bit thicker for it size it was so easy to keep stupid sharp that it never disappointed. Unfortunately as is always the case with one you really get along with it just disappeared I don’t know how I lost it and I’ve held out hope that it would reappear but I think I must’ve dropped it somewhere. I have been caring my three a lot more since then and it’s a great EDC option also but the little Izula was just so easy to carry and so ready to do anything you threw at it.