Corona vaccines ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olderguy, Feb 23, 2021.

1. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

I got my 1st Moderna shot today. WV recently opened vaccines to everyone 16 and older.
    Arm is a little sore, but ok so far.

Creaky Bones and RocketmanDane like this.
  2. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

They can't get enough people to take it. All the hospitals and clinics are doing telemarketing campaigns, they always say they have spots available tomorrow.

3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

They are still throwing vaccines at everyone they can. The state has opened it up to all 16yrs and up...
    The problem thou is that almost once per week a whole day gets canceled due to Bad weather.. Working 6 days per week and Leaving Sunday open JIK. This might sound like a good idea., BUTTT not missing Church is more important to a lot of folks in the state then getting a Covid shot..
    Not saying either is wrong.. Things are just complicated some days..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Got my first shot today. Slight headache and my arm was sore then numb for a little while, but heard a fever could come today and or tomorrow. I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

RocketmanDane and Strigidae like this.
  5. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

I got the Moderna in Jan and Feb. (deployable .mil employee). First shot sore at injection site for a day or so. Second general malaise the next day and sore shoulder for two days. Marine Sgt. I'm teamed with reports identical symptoms. My wife got Pfizer last month and today (state made late decision that DVM was essential). First shot sore at injection site for a day. She reports sore at injection site and headache today. The base clinic sent out a call for any dependents last week. The state just reported a call out to any adult, regardless of state residency. I presume in order to vaccinate the many MA residents that cross into NH on a daily basis.

6. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Oh, forgot I got my second last Thursday.

Woke up Friday feeling feverish and with body aches.
    Took a big handful of meds and went to work.

Did fine most of the day, but wore down quick later in the afternoon. Ended up leaving an hour early. Body aches again, and chills.
    Medicine helped (Tylenol/ibuprofen)

Woke up fine Saturday, off and on cold chills.
    Had fever of 99.9 Saturday evening.

Back to normal on Sunday.

Didn’t have much arm pain at injection site, definitely have had worse in that regard.

7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Second day of first shot, arm started hurting again and feel kinda blah. No fever again, just off. Also found out that the J&J shot is trying to be stopped because of concerns with blood clots. As if my anxiety weren't bad enough lol.

Strigidae likes this.
  8. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Yeah I originally thought I was getting the J&J, but ended up with the Moderna.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  9. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Drew RedBear If there was a dislike button this would be a good example..
    The little I read on it, there has been some “RARE” type side effects. A “Rare” type of blood clotting.

I was actually talking to the Wifey tonight about it.. Unfortunately it kind of makes sense.. With the type of effects Covid can have the body (Mysterious clotting in the lungs for example..) it kind of makes sense that vaccines could have clotting type side effects. The AstraZeneca vaccine has had similar clotting issues.

All that being said.. I recommend educating yourself on Pulmonary Embolisms and Deep Vein Thrombosis. For good general knowledge and health. But also in case of J&J recipients to be on the look out just in case. I think I read issues were Showing up 10-14 days after getting the vaccine.

Having witnessed first hand Deep vein thrombosis that then turned into a Pulmonary Embolism. The effects are pretty pronounced.. There was no mistaking what was going on...

As some people have mentioned their history’s before. A completely non expert opinion. I would think that anyone on blood thinners and anticoagulants might be a little safer from these issues.

[​IMG]

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Member

Got my second Pfizer last night, and no negative symptoms at all!

Friends said to hydrate, so I quaffed Gatorade. Maybe that helped (or the Jack Daniel’s Rye).

I feel like I’ve just emerged from a cocoon.

11. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I just wanted to check in and report that I’m feeling Great! I’ve not had any vaccines but I still feel great! ;)

12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I went to talk to the pharmacist today about the second shot, but I guess theres only one shot for Johnson and Johnson. I really didn't have any side effects so super happy there isn't a second.

RocketmanDane and ASH like this.
  13. ASH

ASH Member

They sent one of the guys at work home today, because we had a visitor in our shop last week that is sick now. The funny thing is the guy they sent home had the china virus last year and has had both doses of the vaccine this year.

Drew RedBear, RocketmanDane and IW17 like this.
  14. Nowhere

Nowhere Member

I've had the full course of Pfizer. Very little in the way of side-effects. The program is in full swing where I live offering vaccines to folks down to age 16.

15. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

According to Fauci, all high school students will be vaccinated by fall and the rest of children by the end of the year....

16. jafo

jafo Member

no way we are getting the kids vaccinated. My wife had no issues but I've had 2 ear infections and mild tinnitus since I got the second shot and it was never an issue before. Also had swollen lymph nodes that required a trip to the doctors

17. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I think we are reaching the point where just about everyone that wants it has gotten it.

They are talking about possibly doing a third shot as a booster this fall.

I think I will wait to see how this affects people before I got it. Assuming it actually happens.

18. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

Ain't dead yet. But I was f**ked up to begin with.

Got two doses of Pfizer in February at the Bristol Motor Speedway....its Bristol Baby....actually we were routed to the Dragway.

RocketmanDane likes this.