Prime Valley and Tactical Intent on Amazon

Discussion in 'Counterfeits and Fakes' started by Ed Higgins, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Ed Higgins

Ed Higgins Member

Hello, I’m a recent but ferocious ESEE convert, and have been purchasing my knives on Amazon, before joining this forum and learning about any counterfeit issue. Can somebody confirm for me that the seller “Prime Valley” is in fact the approved seller Tactical Intent? The prices are often lower than MSRP, but not TGTBT lower. When I go to the seller info, the description is from Tactical Intent, despite the seller’s name link in the listing being “Prime Valley.” All merchandise received has had consistent packaging, matches specs, and compares favorably with photos of the authentic product lines except in one instance: an ESEE 5 in olive drab, listed with a photo showing the round survival school logo on the blade and a handle brand with the ESEE logo, arriving with only the ESEE logo on the etch, and no handle brand. I gather from the site that the knife must have been listed with an older photo. Anyway, just want to clear up the distinction between “Prime Valley” and Tactical Intent. Very happy with the quality, functional design, price point and ergonomics of every ESEE knife I’ve purchased so far.

Mike Smith and junglebum like this.
  2. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

I am asking Rodney at Tactical Intent for you. But just know that there can be a lot of different sellers and they will have same descriptions, photos, etc. It's just how Amazon works.

3. Ed Higgins

Ed Higgins Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand that the sellers share product descriptions and so forth. I was talking about the actual seller info. For example, a listing will say Sold by: Prime Valley, which is a hyperlink to a star rating with another Prime Valley hyperlink. You click on that, and it goes to a SELLER description which begins with a mention of Tactical Intent.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    junglebum likes this.
  4. Jeff Randall

Bruce is calling Rodney to inquire and will let me know what he finds out. Everything about Amazon is connected though, so to be honest I never know if I'm actually buying something from the stated seller or not. Amazon is confusing! Especially if you're a seller on there, thus the reason we have always turned them down when they have asked us to sell direct to them. Total cluster f*ck.

5. Jeff Randall

Ok, just got word back that Prime Valley and Tactical Intent are the same. Buy with confidence.

CCMI, oconnor, RickLB and 9 others like this.
  6. Ed Higgins

Ed Higgins Member

Many thanks Jeff! Good to know I chose an approved seller along with my new favorite knife brand.

7. Garrett83

Garrett83 Member

I went through this myself about a month ago when I bought my ESEE Junglas ..I was so glad to find out it was legit..for some reason it completely slipped my mind to come on here and see if it was authentic until it had already shipped out..that Junglas was my first ESEE.I loved it so much I’ve already added the ESEE 4 and ESEE Izula(in fire ant red) to my collection..now I’m considering getting the ESEE 3 and the ESEE 6...lmao..I don’t know what happened to me,at the beginning of 2019 I wouldn’t pay over $70 for a knife(and that was pushing it).it all started a few months ago when I broke down and spent $150 on a Bradford Guardian 4 in N690..when I held it in my hand,I completely understood why it was so expensive ($150 in N690 $250 in M390)..since then I’ve been buying premium brand knives like crazy..it’s quickly became something of an addiction..lmao

8. junglebum

junglebum Member

That’s some damn good customer service right there @Jeff Randall

CCMI and Justafigment like this.
  9. stjohn45

stjohn45 Member

Lots of good information here. And I'm glad to find out that Prime Valley and Tactical Intent are one in the same as Lexington, Ky is only about an hour and a half drive for me. Bought my first Junglas through Prime Valley and a couple of 4's. I've recently purchased two Izulas from them as christmas gifts and just purchased an Esee 6 this morning. I'll have to check them out this weekend as I was heading that way to visit family anyway.

Steve

10. RickLB

RickLB Member

I bought mine from ESEE-Edge, it shows up Tactical Intent at the end. Damn god service, I ordered Wednesday and have them in hand today at 1:30pm. That’s fast. Got a 2.5 and a Junglas

Chris Talley likes this.
  11. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

Definitely a fan of their service and speedy shipping!

Kaw-liga and RickLB like this.
  12. TrailWolf

TrailWolf Member

Resurrecting and older thread - just picked up a new purple izula from Amazon/prime valley. I see prime valley is legitimate, but I have 2 older izulas that appear to be heavier and thicker. There is a 5 gram weight difference and the thickness is noticeable. The "O" ring on handle also appears to have less metal.

Were the izula castings changed? My other are probably 5+ years old.

Thanks

13. anomad

anomad Member

I'm interested to know the answer to this as well. I purchased an Izula and Candiru back in 2010 or so, when I think they were fairly new? Anyway, I didn't like the thickness of the Izula compared to its short length and sold it on the used market. Still have and love the Candiru. If the "more newer" Izulas are a little slimmer that might make me curious again. (but I really want to do some de-collecting and try some of the S35 offerings).

14. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Pictures would help. Make sure to show serial numbers.

ASH likes this.
  15. TrailWolf

TrailWolf Member

I will try to get pics up and take measurements with calipers this weekend.

16. Mike Perrin

Mike Perrin Administrator Staff Member

Understand that the whole reason Tactical Intent registered on Amazon as Prime Valley is because Amazon deemed "tactical" to be to violent a word to use in a seller's name. Prime Valley name was created for that reason.)
    Mike

Jtallen83 and Strigidae like this.
  17. 5col

5col Moderator Staff Member

We are running into similar problems with AMZ. They've deemed our listing for the Model 4 to be a "tactical" knife and now it's quasi-suppressed. They're the devil.