Not the best experience from ESEE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IamaStone, Feb 25, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamaStone

IamaStone Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    mwramos76 likes this.
  2. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

In the ESEE Knives Facebook group, Shane recently discussed misleading product photos (ex: the “skull” logo) being advertised by authorized dealers. He stated that ESEE has repeatedly asked dealers to provide up to date photos to represent the current product line. I can understand your frustration even if I might disagree with your discourse. However, I do think that this is good opportunity for a lesson learned and change to be made.

Drew RedBear and RocketmanDane like this.
  3. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Tek lok the sheath and dont look back :cool:;) i do agree about the misleading pictures on distributors sites.. but what do you expect esee to do stop shipments to them untill they can figure out their I.T issues.. :rolleyes:

4. IamaStone

IamaStone Member

If that was directed at me, that photo of the old molle backer and the pouch is on ESEE's own website, not a distributor. Because of that photo, I sent my whole Amazon order back (which included a new ESEE 6, and molle backer with pouch) because I was convinced I had a counterfeit copy from Prime Valley. That was my birthday present to myself, so you can imagine when I received the same thing from ESEE, I was a bit annoyed.

What bothers me the most is I love ESEE knives. I have many. I don't like how the situation was handled and that I will think of that experience moving forward. Some of us have families and have to prioritize where our fun money goes. For my birthday I chose a full ESEE 6 setup. Although I have never used ESEE's warranty, I appreciate that it's there. It's what kept me buying their products with confidence.

esee_sheaths.JPG

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  5. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Not directed at you at all. I agree with your frustrations ! I was referring to the skull logo blade pics to be more specific, i meant to include that my bad. And as for the tek lok comment i meant that in regards to at least being able to take it out with you !!

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  6. IamaStone

IamaStone Member

I have the skull logo on my Junglas, I do like that a lot. With regards to the Tek Lok comment, because I checked ESEE's website after receiving my Amazon order, and saw a different sheath than what I was sent, I was convinced that the entire ESEE order was counterfeit. If I would have used the ESEE 6 on my trip, I would not have been able to return it to Amazon.

7. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Oh damn sorry guess im a message skimmer too apparently:confused: i thought the 6 was purchased seperate. I also have some old skulls . Actually i only have skull logo blades come to think. Regardless hope this sitiation gets resolved !

8. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

I think my post might have added confusion. My point was that ESEE routinely hears complaints about dealers that don’t keep their descriptions current to match current product. Unfortunately, this very thing seems to have happened in their own house.

The Marsh Gorilla and Twoody88 like this.
  9. hma153

hma153 Member

Seems to me if you questioned the authenticity of the product, you might have contacted ESEE at that point. After all, they have been known to protect their trademarks and pursue sellers of bogus goods. If you had done so, they could have verified the product change and saved you the hassle and time wasted with the return. Then you could've addressed your displeasure with the change yet still enjoyed use of the knife on your trip.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  10. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.