Large Accessory Pouch

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Odinborn, May 4, 2020.

1. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

Any one have one of these bad boys yet? I ordered one that will be arriving this week. I'm curious to see how it fits onto my Esee-5. All else fails, I guess I need another Junglas.

2. Mr. Tettnanger

Mr. Tettnanger Member

Is there a new type of accessory pouch?

3. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

I hope so :eek: I ordered one. Claims it holds two tins plus some extra stuff. I see them on the site, and most knife dealers, but the forum has no information about them.

Mr. Tettnanger likes this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Thats true for most things. Unless its a Group Buy then we get first dibs. Jeff and Mike are not real big on product marketing ive noticed. They dont like to be salesmen. If there is a jungle or a rope to hang on they will be there in a heartbeat. Starring in a commercial to pimp their knives? Never happen.

5. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I love mine. I debated going with it because I'd never seen a "large" sheath pouch in person. To be honest I wasn't sure if it was a typo on Amazon. But I bought from an authorized dealer (Prime Valley aka Tactical Intent) so I wasn't worried about being ripped off. It definitely has a larger volume than the "normal" sized sheath pouch. Here's a few pics. I keep enough 550 for a bow drill, about 40' of tarred bank line, a DMT Diafold sharpener, a whistle, and my tin. Everything closes up nicely with room to adjust on the buckle so I don't have it packed anywhere close to the max. I could probably squeeze in a small fishing or sewing kit, a fresnel lens, or another low profile item. I've never tried to fit two tins into it. If I get a sec later I'll get a pic with a pair of tins in it. IMG_20200505_185610935-01.jpeg IMG_20200505_185930548-01.jpeg

6. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I was honestly pretty worried that there was a typo and it would never fit my 5 sheath. After I get mine, I want to type up a review of it. Not enough people see some of the cool stuff those guys are putting out.

The Marsh Gorilla and Kaw-liga like this.
  7. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

Agreed brother, there really wasn't anything I could find either. And yes I can confirm that it will easily hold two of the ESEE tins. It didn't feel like I was going to bust the stitches getting them in or out, which was nice to see. Just be advised that the ESEE tins are slightly smaller than an Altoids tin, in case you weren't aware. I doubt anyone would get a pair of those squeezed into this pouch but I can't say for sure. I look forward to that review! IMG_20200505_192800631-01.jpeg

8. Black5

Black5 Member

I mounted one to my junglas 2 sheath with the aid of heavy duty zip ties.
    I can't quite fit an altoids and Esee tin in there. But I'm curious as to what all you guys are putting in them.
    If two tins fit, I'm thinking one for tinder and one for cordage witha small boo-boo kit.
    I'm afraid this J2 replace my 6. I just couldn't see the jump from the 4 to the 6, but from the 4 to the J2 I feel like I've actually stepped up in size.
    I think I'm going to add a penlight to the pouch also.

The Marsh Gorilla and Kaw-liga like this.
  9. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

I still need to sit down and do a full review of the large pouch. I mounted it to my 5, and then moved it to my Junglas. So it will need to wait until my Junglas and I are back on speaking terms.

RangerDave and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  10. Black5

Black5 Member

Ok... there's a story there. C'mon...out with it!!

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  11. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

@Black5 I'm pretty sure I told the story somewhere here, and I'll spare everyone the photos, but the first day I had the new Junglas out it cut me. Was using it to baton wood that was probably too small to baton, so my hand was in the wrong place and it struck the base of my index finger while my hand was rolling. Ended up with 7 stitches because the cut covered 50% of the circumference.

12. Black5

Black5 Member

Oh, seems as I remember that now.
    Well, if it seems to be unrepentant, send it down south here and I'll see if I can teach it some manners.
    :)

And on the pouch topic, I found out last night that an altoids tin and Esee tin will fit together in the pouch.

13. RangerDave

RangerDave Member

I may be a day late and dollar short to this rat killin' (not THE RAT, just an ordinary rat) but just ran up on it while searing for info about this item. Found it referenced on about three websites so far but no mention of it on Esee's site so I was about to write it off as Fakesee.

Interest in the pouch now re-instated. Thanks @Odinborn

14. twd_sbct

twd_sbct Member

The large accessory pouch is longer than the standard pouch as well by a few inches if I recall correctly?