Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

That’s pretty neat.

JV3 likes this.
  2. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Went day camping with the Harold, he insisted and glad I went. I call him that because he's knowledgeable and entertaining. 20201105_131128.jpg 20201105_131134.jpg 20201105_133628.jpg 20201105_134548.jpg 20201105_152452.jpg

3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

4. ASH

ASH Member

I started my new job yesterday and I think I am going to like it. The only real problem is going to be getting up at 0530. I'm not a morning person, but at least this time I have a woman that will kick me out of bed every morning.

TerryD and Drew RedBear like this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

0530 is a sleep in for me !

Strigidae likes this.
  6. ASH

ASH Member

It's past my bedtime for me.

7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Had another good visit with Harold today. I feel like it's a class sometimes but he's just wanting to share his knowledge and I don't mind at all. He had a son but he passed away at a young age. He has told me he thinks of me as a son so maybe he's trying to fill that gap, or whatever you would call it. Today I noticed his hand shaking but he hasn't said anything about it. He has opened to me though about his childhood and how it wasn't that good and how he's losing all his siblings. He's really lonely and I can see that in his eyes. At first I thought he might have been trying to buy my friendship by giving me all these things, and I can't tell him no because he will point at me and tell me to take it, no questions no talking lol. Him and I have different views on things also but like two adults should be, we don't use that to make judgment on each other. Just because we believe different don't make us worth more or less and we can move past that and have a great friendship. I look forward to learning more from him and I hope he is still around for a long while. The guy has really grown on me. Respect to him and the rest of everyone who has served. Happy Veterans Day!

8. TerryD

TerryD Member

Headed to Gatlinburg today. Gonna hit SMKW on the way in to town this morning and see how much money they shake out of me..... haha!

Drew RedBear likes this.
  9. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Anyone know of a good way to keep the rear flap of adjustable body armor “flat”?
    I am referring to where the side of the cummerbund comes out from under the rear flap. See picture below for example. Mine likes to “puff out” and snag on things as I don’t carry anything in that area..
    I was thinking of maybe a few molle strap wide “bridge” but can’t seem to find anything like that..

[​IMG]

Drew RedBear likes this.
  10. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Cancelled our cable today.

Not sure what the quota is for me having to deny their attempts at retaining me, but it was finally met and it’s over with.

No I don’t want to just pay $24 a month for the basic channels, I get all those for free with a $19 antenna.

Twoody88, Drew RedBear, C99c and 3 others like this.
  11. IW17

IW17 Member

Did this year's ago. Don't miss it.

C99c and Zeek like this.
  12. TerryD

TerryD Member

We have relied on internet for our TV since 2008 when we moved out of the apartment where cable was included in rent.

Between YouTube, Netflix and Amazon i have more than I care to watch.

C99c likes this.
  13. JV3

JV3 Member

wtf? i was on my phone and checking out a macbook air...then got distracted...and went back to apple's site using a laptop and noticed the price is literally $100 less with the same exact specs!

left is from a laptop and the right is from a cell phone. i tried with another cell phone and it's consistently $100 more compared to when viewed from a laptop...cleared the cache, refreshed both at the same time, etc...it's deliberate.

[​IMG]

14. JV3

JV3 Member

so about a month ago my buddy quit playing tennis and literally took his ball machine with him so i was basically forced to buy my own if i wanted to keep playing...what a blessing in disguise it turned out to be. now i can go play after work at the last minute without going through the hassle of coordinating with someone, picking them up, etc.

i've never played with a machine up until about two months ago and i gotta say it's well worth it. i think i've hit an average of 1k balls in each outing (averaging 2 hours each)...just the sheer repetitiveness of it in such a short time have improved my skills greatly...it's the equivalent of having unlimited ammo and private range. the downside is i think i improved too fast that i have to hang back when playing someone random and will probably have to join a club if i want someone better to play with to keep improving.

alright, who am i kidding...that bag is really for my guns and ammo...and flaming gas-soaked tennis balls should be perfect against zombies :D

[​IMG]

Twoody88, C99c and TerryD like this.
  15. C99c

C99c Member

When we canceled satellite years ago and switched to just Netflix and Hulu we went from paying ~$100/month to $16/month. It was a good feeling, although it was almost eclipsed by disappointment that we hadn't done it much earlier.

Currently have Netflix and Hulu as I just canceled Amazon and the Motortrend service so we're paying less than $25/month but I'm actively campaigning to cancel all of it.

Strigidae and TerryD like this.
  16. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

That’s crazy!

JV3 likes this.
  17. TerryD

TerryD Member

The ghost of Steve Jobs strikes again!

JV3 likes this.
  18. TerryD

TerryD Member

@shaneadams90

Y'all spending a lot of my money with that latest video! Great recommendations as always from folks who are actually using the gear.

19. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Twitch is the same way with their subs. For those that don't know, twitch is a video streaming app and subs through the app are 5.99 while on a computer are 4.99. I know not a huge difference but a difference.

20. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

So on Monday my trusty galaxy S9 had a system update through metro by t-mobile. I waited a day so I could finish some things I was doing and had it set to update overnight. I woke up and it didn't update, no reason was given so after I got my morning routine done on it I updated it. Well.. It ended up going into a bootloop. I tried factory resetting.. Didn't work.. I tried flashing the firmware.. Didn't work.. So after having the phone for over 2 1/2 years it is now a brick. Ugh.. Loved that phone. For $700 I thought it would last longer. I ended up buying a moto G power yesterday, $150, and I gotta say it's a pretty damn good phone. It's not a flagship phone but it's faster than my S9 was, the fingerprint reader is better, it also has stereo speakers which sound better fb the S9, it's bigger and has three cameras on the back, VS one on the S9. Although the quality of pictures isn't as good, it still records 4K video, albeit only in 30 fps. I don't think i'll ever buy a flagship phone again.