Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Bad deal for sure.

2. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

20200913_164010.jpg 20200913_164014.jpg 20200913_164028.jpg 20200913_164026.jpg Got into Branson yesterday and other than hurting from the bus , things have gone pretty good so far. Well, except today when my friend took me to Walmart, this fell off her car... Harmonic balancer? It's an 04 Honda pilot 3.5L 20200913_164010.jpg 20200913_164014.jpg 20200913_164028.jpg 20200913_164026.jpg

3. TerryD

TerryD Member

That's what it looks like. Lucky it didn't cause any damage. Sometimes they bounce around and wreak havoc. If it's been bad very long, it could take out the front main bearings or even damage the crankshaft itself.

4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Hopefully it didn't do any other damage. It just started ticking (knocking) when she picked me up and we got to Walmart, about 4 miles away and it fell off there.

TerryD likes this.
  5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I’ve spent days and days in my life filling sandbags... IMO not that if you take your time and get down you “system”

SO watching the locals fill their sandbags today at about 20 percent of my speed makes me laugh a little.

Got my first load of sandbags for the storm loaded then Helped/ taught some other folks how all within 1 cartoon episode for the kiddo.

I feel accomplished today :)

6. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

This Is The Way
    October 30th

7. W.Jester

W.Jester Member

Nice evening relaxing with some of the best things in life. Bourbon. Blades. Books.
    8D990A9B-792D-4408-B986-53CECA41C28D.jpeg

Strigidae and Zeek like this.
  8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Guess he was in a hurry to get out of Detroit also lol.

9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Not sure if y'all remember me talking about a retired USAF Vietnam vet I befriended before I moved, but we started hanging out again and after him finding out about my things he gave me a couple things, for starters he says. The esee 4 is his but he is letting me borrow it until I can get another one but he gave me the red Nalgene bottle, a pack of lighters, and the Stanley cooker. 20200921_135620.jpg

10. Kevo

Kevo Member

Awesome! I have that same Stanley pot and it is a tank.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I've heard good things about it and I plan on using the heck out of it. He even put a bunch of instant coffee packets in it.

Kevo likes this.
  12. JV3

JV3 Member

what the? what are they doing to the m3? every generation it gets uglier and uglier :( that front grill looks like michael jackson's botched nose :eek:

[​IMG]

13. ASH

ASH Member

14. IW17

IW17 Member

Honestly BMW hasn't put a car out in years that I find appealing as far as looks go. They had some of the cleanest lines in the industry for a long time.

JV3, C99c and Zeek like this.
  15. JV3

JV3 Member

yup, it started going downhill 15 yrs ago. i was quick to blame the designers but come to think of it the ceo should resign for letting something like this even go past the sketches.

IW17 likes this.
  16. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I don’t normally get to upset with shipping company’s.. Normally when a package gets here it gets here...

BUT right now I have Archery supplies, Motorcycle parts and Art supplies stuck in the mail..

I even ordered some good disposable masks for folks living near the wildfires out west. 2 weeks behind I went and found some locally and shipped them 2 day guaranteed and they will be there tomorrow... They are already in the smaller town for delivery.

..... jdhdbdhudjdd$$&3&:):63$:!.......

17. JV3

JV3 Member

hello, old friend. i want to start playing again since i have access to a ball machine now...after 11 years in storage i just dropped them off to get re-strung. now i gotta find my pete sampras shoes in the attic. i'm bald like agassi so i'm good there :D

[​IMG]

Strigidae, IW17, C99c and 1 other person like this.
  18. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

I expect a full detailed review. And multiples in your future.

JV3 and C99c like this.
  19. C99c

C99c Member

I used to love to play, even though I wasn't very good. Interests shifted and now I don't know anyone who plays. I'd love to get back in to it.

JV3 likes this.
  20. JV3

JV3 Member

lol, i ordered a case of tennis balls so does that count as multiples? review - that was maria sharapova's racket so it's good enough for me!

same here. i was decent at it and really enjoyed it enough i played with an officemate 2-3 times a week after work. one day he badly twisted his knee (riding his bicycle on a weekend of all things) and couldn't play for awhile...by the time he healed up it was winter and i really got into guns by then and lost interest.

i'm wfh in the foreseeable future and my buddy just bought a ball machine so it's a game changer...even if he can't play i can borrow it and play early in the morning by myself before work...my weekends are still free for other stuff.