Glock Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, Jan 26, 2020.

1. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

A few recent snap shots...
    FE74B9B1-51C0-49DE-A7E7-DE986E282C9D.JPG IMG_7873.jpg

2. Vtach

Vtach Member

97DBB960-9794-40AE-96AC-5D363D389FE9.jpeg

I’m not a huge Glock fanboy, but I do like them...along with all other firearms. My 26, 21 and 19. 26 and 19 get circulated as CCW and I shoot my 19 in USPSA. Looking to possibly get a 20 in the future.

The Marsh Gorilla and Datilite like this.
  3. Bruno_GO

Bruno_GO Member

And what´s th feedback about the gen 5 19? What about the front serrations?

4. Vtach

Vtach Member

I haven’t shot the new Gen 5 19 but from what I’ve seen so far, the main differences are the front slide serrations and the front of the grip not having the half moon cut out. You can also get different models with different types of sights on them as well.

I am NOT a gun expert or an expert shooter but all I can say is that from my crappy viewpoint both the front serrations and not having the half moon cut out on the front of grip are not a problem for me. My Gen 4 19 is what I shoot in USPSA matches and CC at times as well. I rack my slide using the rear of the slide and I don’t press check very often at all so I don’t really need the front serrations, but I wouldn’t have an issue with them being there either. There may be more uses for the front serrations other than press checking and racking the slide but again, I’m just a novice. The front serrations help provide a better grip instead of having to grab a possible slick surface area that doesn’t have serrations.

The half moon cut out on the front of the grip has never been an issue for me, mainly because I inherited my mother’s small hands and not my father’s abnormally large gorilla sized hands (ya me). So not a big deal for me anyway.

anywho, that’s just my worthless 2 cents

The Marsh Gorilla and Bruno_GO like this.
  5. Bruno_GO

Bruno_GO Member

Thanks for the reply.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  6. Frigin

Frigin Member

I have a good amount of glocks
    Reason I got the 5s was for from serrations and no finger groves other then that shoots the same. I always change out my sights. I like 8 ball sights or whatever they are called from warren tactical. Literally just got two more sets of sights in right now will be installing them in a few

The Marsh Gorilla and Bruno_GO like this.
  7. Frigin

Frigin Member

Just put some new warren tactical sight on the g43
    They don’t have the rear single dot like I have on my others but it will do. image.jpg

8. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

I'm a fan, the finger bumps never fit me right on the compact guns, so it's nice not having them. I bought a complete MOS gen 5 lower assembly to swap onto my G45 when I want something more concealable.
    It's gen 5 for me going forward.

9. Kevo

Kevo Member

I like my gen 5. I think removing the finger groves and the improvements to the trigger and barrel are work the 50 bucks or whatever extra they are. I have noticed on my early gen 5 17 that the finish isn't holding up all that well compared to my gen 3 19 and my 43 though.

10. Frigin

Frigin Member

Yeah I like the finger groves on the larger frame 17 but on the 19 they fit nice to my hand but I like my hand on the 19 to be ticket up nice and tight as
    Close to the trigger guard as possible and that’s where the finger groves mess me up. As far as barrel I can’t really tell the difference I don’t bench it or stay completely still for a shot.

11. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Just go a Glock 19 Gen 5 . But did not get a holster.Which one should I get?

C99c likes this.
  12. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I really don’t have luck with finger grooves or not on almost any pistol. Glock has a ok fit BUT I added the Hoque slip on grip and love it.

13. Frigin

Frigin Member

I’d like to do the undercut on the trigger guard on the 19 has anyone here done that?
    “ That extra 1/8” would put my hand in a better position” .........
    I mean it fits good not but when I go from the 19 to the g45 full size the 45 feels so much better.

14. Frigin

Frigin Member

well I can’t tell you what to get.
    First off leather or kydex ?
    Second where do you want it to sit?
    After that there are probably Thousands of people who make holsters. For me I have found 3 company’s I really like. From what I see they are all like Esee. If there’s ever a problem I can call them they will fix it but I never have a problem with there stuff.
    Leather holsters I use wrights leather.
    Kydex holsters I use IKC insane kydex creations and black rhino concealment
    I tend to go IKC because I don’t think there’s a company out there that can beat there patterns and the will do patterns from a picture you give them also. There fit and finish is by far the best kydex I have ever seen and the do double layers also and single.
    But when it comes down to it all 3 are not the cheapest but darn are they good. Just please buy a good quality holster it will make the world of a difference if your a CCW holder.

The Marsh Gorilla and Hawkeye5 like this.
  15. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Thanks Frigin! I know I want outside the pants.I am thinking Kydex. Will checkout the IKC .

16. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Hawkeye5
    I still like the Bianchi. I have been carrying ALOT throughout this whole quarantine experience and it has done awesome. I will say their leather sheaths do take a little breaking in. These are from shortly after i got the holster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Kevo

Kevo Member

@Hawkeye5 don't forget a solid gun belt to go with that fancy new holster!

18. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

How do you carry in the Hill People Recon Pack?

19. C99c

C99c Member

When I gave the Snubby and Runner bags a go several years ago I used a kydex trigger guard tethered to the bag. Some holster makers also offer full shells that can be clipped or attached with velcro to kitbags, belly bands, etc.

The Marsh Gorilla and Hawkeye5 like this.
  20. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

I have been carrying a Glock in some form or fashion virtually full time on multiple continents since 1995.

My Gen 2 was made in late 1989. It has a LOT of rounds through it. I also got the 26 and 27’s when they came out in the 90’s.

Recently I retired my Gen 2 for a Gen 5. I like the 5. I think the trigger feels better. I like they’ve gone back to no finger grooves. I can’t tell the difference in the barrels and I shoot from 100 yards. I don’t really know how someone is going to tell the difference in a handgun accuracy barrel without a vice or rest but I’ll just go with it that it’s better.

The new slide coating is blacker and I like that from an aesthetic standpoint.

Putting on the only sights I like tomorrow: XS Big Dora