Laser Strike vs Junglas II?

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Mr. Tettnanger, May 5, 2020.

?

Laser Strike or Junglas II - What would be your choice for the better all around/camp/outdoors knife

1. Laser Strike

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  2. Junglas II

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  1. Mr. Tettnanger

Mr. Tettnanger Member

What would be your choice for the better all around/camp/outdoors knife out of JUST THESE TWO?

And why?

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  2. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I own both. While I'd keep the Junglas-II if I could only keep one, the LS would be the more sensible "all arounder" IMO just because of its size and blade profile.

A) I'm partial to Kephart knives and until the PR4 dropped, the LS was our token Kephart for the ESEE lineup. It's the reason I bought it.

B) I fashioned a Baldric rig for the J2 to carry it. It just made sense to me. I normally have a .357 on my strong side so I really don't want to add an additional pound of steel to it. My LS rides scout carry with a Tek Lok, but the drop leg adapter that mine came with works well too and keeps it out of the way of a handgun. Either way I don't have to reposition 14" of knife everytime I take a seat around the campfire like I would do with the J2 on my belt. Just my 2¢.

3. ASH

ASH Member

I want to say laser strike but I have never seen a j2 in person to make a fair comparison. I don't really like to chop with a knife, so I prefer to carry a knife a little smaller. I normally have a machete or axe nearby if I need to chop something.

The laser strike is one of the most comfortable original ESEE's to me. It seems like the LS is one of the least popular ESEE's, but the people who like it really like it a lot.

4. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

I'm the sole vote for the baby Junglas. It might not be a fantastic knife when it comes to small or detailed jobs, but it can handle the big jobs much better than the LS will be able to. So that's my vote if I had to have only one blade.

5. beestokk

beestokk Member

I've got both and I have more use on the Junglas II than the LS but I think if it were one or the other I'd go with the J2 - think it covers a bit more of the jack of all trades should it be needed for some heavier/bigger work while still being able to handle the smaller stuff, albeit it not excelling at it.

Mr. Tettnanger and Kaw-liga like this.
  6. Elishea Buckley

Elishea Buckley Member

Junglas 2 all day!! Smaller knife cannot do what a bigger knife can. Go Junglas 2 and never look back

Mr. Tettnanger and beestokk like this.
  7. Blood Groove

Blood Groove Member

8. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

J2 because "Mo knerf betta" !!!!