recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

View attachment 54089 20200416_160624.jpg 20200416_155947.jpg 20200416_152459.jpg 20200416_152452.jpg Picked this blade and sheath up from @BobbyRatTail now the question is do i run it as a dangler or strap it to a junglas backing plate . This is going to be a big user this year excited to see how the reprofiled edge performs. Its looking sharp and still "hefty" ;). The regalia sheath is extremely nice too. Thinking of modding it and adding an esee style kydex slide lock with some smaller hardware to really lock it in

2. BobbyRatTail

BobbyRatTail Member

My vote is for the dangler! :)

Twoody88 likes this.
  3. Frigin

Frigin Member

I have tried neck knives. I want to like them but they make my neck itch like all heck. I have tried the “dog tag chain” rope all that. I use to were a chain no problem. I don’t know if it’s just that little extra weight or not. I got the armnous darn I forget the name and I’m tired. Look in the 2.5 thread I posted mine in there I love it in the wasteband

4. Michael W.

Michael W. Member

That’s way to big to strap to a Junglas.

Twoody88 and ManOfSteel like this.
  5. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I’d strap that to my leg and the Junglas on a pack at best. Biggest I’d mount on a Junglas is a 3, MAYBE. Gonna be one heavy SOB of a setup.

Michael W. and Twoody88 like this.
  6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

esee-3-desert-tan-blade-3d-blood-red-black-g10-handles-fixed-blade-3pmdt-004-31.jpg knifework-3milpblk__53338.1566589389.jpg Ordered these from tkc, I'm gonna put the new 3D scales on the mil and sell the tan one to help fund a pr4.

BobbyRatTail, Twoody88 and Strigidae like this.
  7. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

@ManOfSteel @Michael W. Noooo i dont mean piggyback it to the jubglas kydex. I mean strap the heft sheath to the jubglas factory molle backing plate. I strap my junglas to either a pack or a shoulder strap... junglas on its own is too heavy for me to comfortably wear off my belt couldn't imagine adding a 6 to it lol my candiru sheath is set up to piggyback on the jubglas kydex and i dont even like stacking that . I have the heft set up with a drop extension and dangler as of lastnight but going to swap it for a less of a drop and use a teklok asap. Prefer a higher (more concealed) and more stable ride

8. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Least preferred form of carry also !

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  9. Bozho

Bozho Member

I got a Race Face Chester handlebar and new grips for the MTB, for a bit more control on trails.

IMG-cf16ba15f65e8bd5c79dc4bda0faecb8-V.jpg

Frigin, JV3, Strigidae and 3 others like this.
  10. JV3

JV3 Member

vortex crossfire for my troy other firearm...anyone used this extensively? larue even makes a mount for it which i took as an endorsement as well. hard to justify an aimpoint micro t-2 for it until at least a few hundred rounds through it to see if i like it and it's reliable.

[​IMG]

11. IW17

IW17 Member

I have one in my hunting ar. No issues. And I'm not easy on hunting firearms.

12. TerryD

TerryD Member

I had ordered a couple 1/2 fero rods and a new sheath for my Benchmade 162. They all arrived today. I'm doing a kinda wet form on the sheath for the first time. It's already made a difference in how the knife fits. I'm going to let it dry till tomorrow then I'll treat the sheath and carry it around some. It's a Charlie Cline made piece I bought from his eBay store for around $40 shipped.

20200418_143516.jpg

13. KnifeGuy101

KnifeGuy101 Member

Haven’t got them in hand yet so no pics but I ordered a Tavor Sar (5.56) and a Galil Ace (7.62x39). They can’t come soon enough.....

TerryD and BobbyRatTail like this.
  14. Frigin

Frigin Member

15. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Trailer parts..... have to rewire it so going to add an LED bar/strip to the back hooked to the reversing lights, ordered that and a new LED number plate light and while I am under there I will replace the U bolts and plates with some galvanised ones so that if I need to do a repair out in the arse of nowhere there is less chance of it all being rusted solid. I am really just doing odds and sods to occupy my days off at home....

16. Getnlwr

Getnlwr Member

Bushnell Backtrack D-tour for the mountain bike and a garmin 62cst for hiking use as well as a few more mags for my PTR 9KT (MP5K clone)

BobbyRatTail, Twoody88 and TerryD like this.
  17. JV3

JV3 Member

thanks! that's good to hear.

IW17 likes this.
  18. IW17

IW17 Member

No problem!

Zeek likes this.
  19. Frigin

Frigin Member

Just got a bike rack for the new bike. This thing is amazing. It’s a 1up I wanted the hitch but they are super expensive and I want to get a hitch carrier for the supermoto so that will be back there and the bike on the top. 48A150D4-5115-4040-8CD1-4B55FED38C7B.jpeg 5E8821F0-B41C-4F20-B7B5-EE47A3FF380B.jpeg

BobbyRatTail, IW17, Strigidae and 4 others like this.
  20. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

........because with a Jeep you need MULTIPLE options for getting home..... :D :D :D Sorry.....low hanging fruit... ;)