Watch Bands

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Bcamos, May 22, 2019.

1. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I’ve tried a few of the standard Zulu/NATO straps and I’ve hated all of them. Not because of the design, but because of the material.

Every one I’ve owned has been made of something (nylon, polyester) that absorbs water and always forms a funk after getting wet a few times.

Last year I bought some Milspec 17337 webbing to make rifle slings with. I had some left over and decided to try my luck at making a Zulu strap out of it.

I’ve been using it for a few months now with only taking it off to charge the watch. At the gym, in the shower, at the pool, all the wet stuff: it’s been on my wrist. While it’s still technically Nylon, it doesn’t absorb water like the other straps I’ve owned. So it doesn’t develop any kind of smell and it dries really quickly even while I’m wearing it.

I’ll probably be making more out of this stuff in different colors. Do you guys know if there are any available to buy that are already made out of it?

E5B1CA07-D88F-42A3-904D-C75AAEA1EF15.jpeg

30AF5851-47BE-48D1-AE96-5A28517F88A6.jpeg

2. Willow

Willow Member

I feel your pain bro. But my problem was always with the material rubbing or just not holding up and breaking after a few months of use. So I made this guy. It's made from 4-way stretch Multicam material and was inspired from hospital bed patient restraints. It's hands down the most comfortable watch band I've ever worn.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]