Motorcycle thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dhunley1, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Hey does anyone have the new Honda Monkey? Man, I gotta get one of them. That's right up my alley.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  2. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

I'm not much of a cruiser guy but on a trip to the Nantahala gorge my wife and I were walking around Bryson City one evening and came up on this thing and it stopped us all in our tracks....me, my wife, and my two teenage sons.....

To a person we all really, REALLY liked it......my wife even said "Now I would ride that one.."......this comments comes on the back of a conversation that we had just days prior where she stated that she wasn't getting on a motorcycle with me anymore!

Indian Scout-- No idea how it runs or drives but it's damn cool!

IMG_7165.JPG

IMG_7164.JPG

IMG_7163.JPG

3. Expat

4. Expat

5. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

@shaneadams90 im pretty sure that’s the competition for the sportster. I hve my sights set on a Chieftain Darkhorse but the wife doesn’t like the idea of a 2nd bike just yet.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  6. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Expat likes this.
  7. JV3

JV3 Member

been awhile so i took a day off and dusted off johnny #5 and just rode around.

[​IMG]

8. JV3

JV3 Member

628 miles...break-in is over...can't wait to go through the holland or lincoln tunnel near red line :D

[​IMG]

9. JV3

JV3 Member

goruck has a sale going on...anyone use one while riding a motorcycle with leather jacket? since there's no sternum strap do you find that the shoulder straps are slippery and wish it did especially through the twisties?

i sometimes want to carry water during the hotter months (i just hate buying something from the gas station and have to finish it before i can leave) or extra fuel...the mountains i frequent i have no cell signal and i've either had my or a buddy's gas light turn on while exploring new areas and we have to turn back taking the shortest distance instead of the fun way.

the bullet 10 seems to be the perfect bare bones pack for my intended use.

10. jafo

jafo Member

I dont use mine when on my bike but if you haven't used a goruck they sit very high and securely on your back, they don't slouch down on your lower back like most packs. I'm sure they would be pretty secure. A lot of people also buy a 10 dollar strap to cinch together the 2 shoulder straps.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    JV3 likes this.
  11. JV3

JV3 Member

2019 bmw s1000rr from the nyc motorcycle show friday. i'm sad to see the now iconic asymmetrical headlights of the original is gone. the 2019 now looks just like any other japanese bike and only up close and you have to look for the logo to realize it’s an s1000rr...the new design looks sick if it was a honda or suzuki…but not a bimmer!

...and as a long time ///m owner (2003 e46 m3 stickshift…none of that paddle-shift-because-i-don’t-know-how-to-drive-a-stick nonsense) i was very sad to see the ///m badge on it as a mere optional accessory designed to squeeze every last penny. why nickle and dime customers? that badge is iconic and sacred even and should be reserved only to the true m cars.

price was never a factor for a lot of us and we could’ve just as easily bought a ducati if we wanted to follow the sheep…the s1000rr can stand on it’s own merit and deserve to be it’s own brand and not have to ride on the m division’s coat tails :-(

thankfully, i got mine with the analog tach right at the end of it...i'll upgrade when they wake up and stop catering to the masses :-(

[​IMG]

Strigidae and C99c like this.
  12. JV3

JV3 Member

suzuki sv650 x...the 2004 sv650 was my first bike and holds a special place so i was happy to see this sexy thing.

[​IMG]

triumph speed triple 1200 rs with this color scheme is the one i'd pick if i was forced to buy another one.

[​IMG]

indian ftr 1200 s is probably my favorite from the show...looks-wise anyway since i don't know anything about the brand/reliability/etc...it snapped my neck though and had to walk over it to more closely look at it...it has that ducati monster'ish styling but more unique styling.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    ManOfSteel, Strigidae and C99c like this.
  13. JV3

JV3 Member

first ride of 2019 :) anyone else in the winter states that have taken their bikes out of hibernation?

[​IMG]

Strigidae and ManOfSteel like this.
  14. Nowhere

Nowhere Member

Yeah I rode much of Saturday while the weather was decent. Finished up the day by dropping the bike off at the shop for new tires and it's first oil change of 2019. Felt great to get out and do some miles while the sun was shining. Then it snowed on Sunday. Gotta love Michigan.

JV3 and ManOfSteel like this.
  15. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

The supermoto has had 2 rides thus far. Waiting for you to venture down to Middlesex county.

JV3 likes this.
  16. MKZ

MKZ Member

She’s not done, but she’s getting there.

I’d like to say I’m glad I did it myself.... but I’m ready to rip my hair out :confused: 9BB2F1DD-C06F-4024-A2D5-CD7156182F64.jpeg

Attached Files:

JV3, IW17 and Strigidae like this.
  17. JV3

JV3 Member

and dim sum? :D

18. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I guess if that’s what you want. Got a pretty awesome seafood/sushi buffet right by my new house.

19. JV3

JV3 Member

i live nearby so i hang out in nyc often enough - i'm all sushi'd out but i'll give your spot a go too. honestly, it's harder to find really good wing spots (and authentic street food in general) around here than high-end dining...i have simple taste but i am picky :D

20. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

There’s a little steakhouse down here that has my favorite wings and burger of anywhere. Got a pub here that does boneless wings in like 20 different varieties.