Ak and Com Bloc Weapons Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by HoneyBadger47, Nov 25, 2018.

1. HoneyBadger47

HoneyBadger47 Member

8840D4FE-008A-49B3-9840-A3D32A2A6DBE.jpeg 5FDDF57A-5DC8-494A-8F0D-6133FE61D629.jpeg 907DB177-4A68-4B5E-B328-D6FD4D06DFB6.jpeg Finally finished the furniture on my vepr. Magpul furniture does not fit the thicker barrel and receiver so you have to get creative.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  2. Dbltap45acp

Dbltap45acp Member

Thanks brother, wanted a foldable and collapsible hard hitting truck gun. This build fits the build. It was either this or an AR. The AK platform just does better with being dirty and ran dry in the winter months then an AR would have. Love it so far.

3. HoneyBadger47

HoneyBadger47 Member

That’s awesome! I’m looking into a 9x39 pistol, especially if it gets popular. I think the 7.62 is great for a truck gun though! It’ll chew through most cover and still maintain lethality on the other side. I personally love 154gr for that.

4. Dbltap45acp

Dbltap45acp Member

That was my thought too. Barrier penetration will be high, could stop an engine if needed, and out to 200 yards or so it really isn’t effected that bad out of a short barrel unlike a 556.

5. HoneyBadger47

HoneyBadger47 Member

My current debate is what to do for a truck gun. I’m looking at the amd, m92 or the hell pup for inspiration. I hang out with a bunch of ar guys so they’re useless in the debate.

6. Dbltap45acp

Dbltap45acp Member

Well, this started its life as a PAP M92. I always loved the Krinkovs so I went that route. Killed two birds with one stone kinda thing. Hahaha

7. JHansenAK47

JHansenAK47 Member

The AMD-65 wire folder is a terrible cheek weld. The AMD-63 fixed stock isn't bad. The AMDs are all kit builds and the surplus parts are decent. They usually pin on a long brake to make 16 inches on the barrel. I really dislike the AMD-65 stock. They issued a bunch of AMD-65s to Afghan police and they are not popular with the Afghans either.

The Hellpup is made by Pioneer in the city of Radom, which is a private commercial gunmaker not to be confused with the famous FB Radom plant located in the same city. They got a bad reputation for using cast parts and having other issues. I would Google the Hellpup and read up on it yourself. I personally have never seen any of Pioneers products in person.

The Zastava M92 is probably the best choice. Zastava doesn't chrome line their Kalashnikov variant barrels, even though they chrome line their belt fed machine guns. The muzzle is a weird 26mm thread as well. They have a decent reputation. I would put a CNC warrior 4 piece brake on it. The pistol variant is stupid IMO. The M92 is best shot with a stock.

Personally I like the new 9mm AK variants. Kalashnikov USA has a copy of the Vityaz-SN.
    https://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kr-9-sbr/

A regular AKM with a folding stock is a pretty good alternative as well. The underfolder cheek weld leaves much to be desired, but it folds up the better than the sidefolders. The sidefolders have the better cheek weld, but are thicker when folded.

I am not a fan of truck guns, where I currently live anyway. Up here in Alaska it is really wet and that leads to rust issues. More importantly we have a lot of crime and thieves get released the same day with a court summons under SB91. Crime is a becoming a major problem as the state endures on going budget cuts. Some people I know that live in Anchorage take everything out of their car at night and leave their doors unlocked so they don't break the car windows when they look for stuff to steal.

8. HoneyBadger47

HoneyBadger47 Member

Should have said hell pup like rifle. I know of pioneers issues and keep a wide berth. But I like the barrel length of both the AMD and Hellpup for a truck gun. It would be a parts kit build more than likely with a stock/brace of my choosing. I was thinking the Zhukov stock converted to brace with the farrow tech adapter.
    The newer 9x39 really intrigue me since I may rebarrel my Mosin in 9mm (the 9x54r and larger are popular in Finland and Russia for hunting). I still want a 7.62x39 for a truck gun, but 9x39 is a close second since its a beast of a round under 200 yards. I believe the 250 gr or 278gr round can penetrate 30 layers of kevlar at 200, and is subsonic.
    Im not a huge fan of PCCs. Do not get me wrong, they have a purpose and im sure are fun to shoot. Outside of competition, I do not agree with them. The SBR/Pistols in 9x19 I do since to me they are PDWs and are perfect to throw in a pack, especially the AR variants. PCCs and rifles in .300 just rub me the wrong way. I saw an arsenal rechambered in 300 black the other day and wanted to scream..... Now if that was a SBR it makes sense, but to me the science behind the .300 black is for an suppressed SBR, no a rifle. my $.02...
    Now to come back around to rebarreling my Mosin. Before anyone screams... I bought it used and it was already bubbafied prior. I would not ruin a true piece of history but since the cat os out of the bag, might as well dress it up. 9x54r, 9.3x53r and 9.6x54r Lancaster are all popular loads from Europe. Well I do not plan on doing the 9.6 (which is actually a 10.3, google it for an interesting read, the .366 as well) but if I get my hands on a 9x39, ill be hand loading anyways so might as well load some up for the x54r too. My understanding is that hunting in Finland is closer ranges so they use larger bores. I could be mistaken but I have seen many Rosins sporterized and rebarreled (I say rebarreled because I doubt an up bored 7.62 barrel could with stand the stress of the larger chambering).

9. HoneyBadger47

HoneyBadger47 Member

Newest addition arrived a couple weeks ago. Have put about 5-600 rounds through it and all I can say is this thing is DIRTY :).
    IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0289.jpg IMG_0291.jpg IMG_0292.jpg IMG_0294.jpg

The Marsh Gorilla and IW17 like this.
  10. Patrick Rollins

Patrick Rollins Lead Instructor Staff Member

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but you guys keep the pics coming! Shane showed me his collection before the jon boat incident and now I'm wanting to get in the game.

11. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

What's the consensus on the palmetto state armory AKs?

12. IW17

IW17 Member

I'm interested in this as well. Considering my first AK and I was almost set on a wasr from Atlantic.

13. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Yup this would be my first as well, the PSA AKs seem to get good reviews and I have been really satisfied with PSA for AR stuff but i understand AKs are a totally different animal.

14. Dbltap45acp

Dbltap45acp Member

New paint job for my little beater AK. 62A03591-8BD1-4689-8C89-7FAD907289DB.jpeg

15. DiverLiam

DiverLiam Member

I know this post was a touch old, but the F88’s amphibious problems I can add to. Despite knowing there was a problem the ADF still issued it to the two Clearance Diving Teams. The end result being a group of wetsuit clad guys on a foreign beach in the middle of the night who came close to detection by a hostile force, all the while knowing their rifles would fail after one round.

It wasn’t until ‘02 or ‘03 they issued us the M4 SOPMOD. I don’t know if they’ve redesigned the bolt carrier group on the F90 to fix the problem.

I’d love to know why the F88 was chosen.

16. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

.... I will fire you off an private message when I can sit down for a little. The answer is certainly NOT for the right reasons. I was there are the end of SARP (after the selection was made) so have a few insights.

Strigidae likes this.
  17. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

@Patrick Rollins and I had a little bit of a Range Session today to snap a few photos...here are a few.

IMG_6505.JPG IMG_6514.JPG IMG_6516.JPG IMG_6513.JPG

18. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  19. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

that thing runs like a Singer sewing machine.... Arsenal SLR101s with a Russian Kobra site... It works pretty well.

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.