My first Esee

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Brent, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Brent

Brent Member

Several years ago I was camping with my Brother in law in the mountains and he had stopped by SMKW and bought an Esee knife and brought it to camp. He is a fire fighter and if my memory serves me correctly, he bought and izula. I just remember it being a small skeleton knife and wore it around his neck. He had said that lots if the other fireman were using them and he wanted to try them out. He is always one to buy the best quality of anything he spends his money on. That was my first ever experience with Esee.
    I’ve been carrying a Kershaw Blur for well iver 10 years now and use it heavily every single day. The lock on my Blur gave out on me a while back field dressing a big buck I had arrowed and dang near took my finger off. Wasn’t a good feeling leaving my buck lay while I went to the ER for stiches. I’ve carried that same Blur for two more years now but all along I’ve known that I wanted to move on to a fixed blade. There was one brand that just wouldn’t leave my mind - Esee.
    So my wife and I rented a cabin last week in Gatlinburg for 7 days and loaded up our three kids and their boyfrind/girlfriends and enjoyed a family vacation. While there, I read extensively on the various Esee Knives and narrowed down to a few models I thought would work well for me. We had planned to hit up SMKW on the way outta town so I knew I’d hopefully get my knife that day.
    Well it was an adventurous packed 8 days there Doing every single things the kids wanted to do (some things twice), and the boyfriends/girlfriends blew more money than they brought so we had to cover lots of their expenses too and well...There wasn’t any money left for my knife that I was so hoping for.
    But that was ok, I was at least gonna hold each model and figure out which Esee was gonna be my first one and buy it online once we returned home.
    As I was in the Esee section looking at Knives, my beautiful wifey walks up behind me, and in her ever so sweet voice I hear her say “Happy Father day, babe...Here is a SMKW gift certificate I got ya!!” It was just enough to buy the Esee I had decided on. Man am I one lucky dude or what!?! She even followed that up with saying she’s gonna get me something else when we get back. Which I’m sure is a new pair of Oakleys she’s been eyeballing for me.

So anyways.... my FIRST Esee is the izula 2 and I love it. I bought the kit version so I’d have the clip. It is the perfect EDC for me. I’ve got to get the sheath broken in as it’s tight as hell getting the knife in and out.
    My next Esee will be the 4 HM followed by a camp lore rb3 and then the cr2.
    I’m hooked!

Bobsdock, KnOeFz, anrkst6973 and 12 others like this.
  2. Stone

Stone Member

Fine choice. :cool:

Brent likes this.
  3. Twiztedthoughtz

Twiztedthoughtz Member

Welcome to your new addiction.

Bobsdock, Brent and Bushman5 like this.
  4. Mark

Mark Member

My son got his 1st Esee at Smkw in Sevierville as well...I think it may have been the Izula 2 or the 4.
    As mentioned,there will be more..;)
    Anyhoo...Welcome!

Brent likes this.
  5. packmen21

packmen21 Bottom Feeding Spammer

Congrats
    [​IMG]

Brent likes this.
  6. Brent

Brent Member

Thanks for the welcome guys! I already have a tool addiction so I’m sure this knife addiction will be just as bad.

7. Brent

Brent Member

Couple pics since everyone loves pictures

Attached Files:

Stone, IW17 and enbloc like this.
  8. IW17

IW17 Member

Nice Mmr. I've got one in 556. Great coyote gun for the money!

9. Brent

Brent Member

Thanks bub. This one is also a 5.56 and a great shooter, extremely accurate!

10. Brent

Brent Member

How funny...as I was typing the above message, my wife texts me and says she just seen a coyote or fox running back towards the woods where I was at. I just so happened to have the MMR and the Armalite sitting in the truck seat beside me and 300 rounds behind the back seat. So I quickly loaded a mag and waited. Unfortunately, I didn’t see him. If only I woulda had my Fox Pro caller with me!

Last year I seen the craziest thing of my life, i watched a grey fox run up a huge oak tree about 20’ up and back down, just like a squirrel would. Then it met it’s demise from my CZ 17HMR once it rezched the bottom.

IW17 likes this.