Does anyone use the kits you can buy with the Izula and Candiru.

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by kyhunt, May 6, 2018.

1. kyhunt

kyhunt Member

I'm curious if anyone uses the kits you can buy with the Izula and Candiru. Everytime I order one of the small knives for the kids or as a gift for someone I always get the kit. When I received the Izula for Christmas several years ago I got the one with the kit. For the life of me I just threw the kit somewhere and never gave it much thought. When I go out with the kids they have stuff but I've never seen any of them with the kits that come with the knives, even though I bought them. I'm just more or less curious if I'm the only one that buys the kits only to never really use them.

koolaidnd likes this.
  2. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I used to buy the kits but I only used the clip plate. Now I just buy the basic knife and clip plate.

BlueDogScout, Zeek and kyhunt like this.
  3. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

I still have the parts from my first Izula kit. The ferro rod is in a fire kit in my truck, the clip is on some cordage I use to attach a pouch to my backpacking pack, and the whistle is somewhere. I just picked up a new Damascus Izula and if it had came with a kit option I would have went with that.

kyhunt likes this.
  4. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Ive ended up with a few of the kits over the past couple of years. I have also ended up with odds and ends of the kits when i have bought or traded for used knives. I honestly toss them in a small plastic box for later. I find myself picking out pieces here and there when i need them and adding them to diffrent knives or kits. I also like to add pieces into knives i sell or trade. SO while i never use a full kit at once the pieces do get used.

kyhunt likes this.
  5. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I too keep all my extra parts in a Plano box. I was digging Chicago screws out of it earlier this week and noticed I had acquired quite the pile of stuff over the years.

kyhunt likes this.
  6. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

Top tray. Izula kit parts, LMF Esee 3/4 scales, loctite, Chicago screws, Spyderco and Benchmade parts a few fun and flashlight parts in here too.

[​IMG]

Bottom tray. Sheath parts, ruger lcp and LC9 parts, strop compound, Exotac parts, extra plastic bits off packs, cordlocks and breakaway neck lanyard connectors.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the highjack. This is where all the extras go and I think it’s relevant.

Kaw-liga, Zeek, kyhunt and 1 other person like this.
  7. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

*edit* After seeing the pictures i use the single stack boxes.
    Couldn't think of what it was called, I actually pickup up the 3 pack of the rust inhibitor version when there on sale and use them to organize Gun part, Knife Parts, Gun Cleaning supplies, etc.

kyhunt likes this.
  8. kyhunt

kyhunt Member

I'm glad you hijacked it. For the life of me I'm not sure why I never thought of this. I 'm getting ready to order the wife her first Izula and maybe myself a Candiru or Izula 2 and was debating on if I wanted to get the kits or not. But this idea of storage is great.

RocketmanDane and koolaidnd like this.
  9. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

On Both :) I highly recommend this storage method :) I use the type below and it works well for me atleast.

On the kit i recommend getting it because it has so many different uses just not for the knife it comes with :)

[​IMG]

Zeek and kyhunt like this.
  10. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Love the clip plate. Carry the Ferro rod in my kit when hiking.

kyhunt likes this.
  11. kyhunt

kyhunt Member

Well I ended up getting the kit on all three. My wife a Venom Green Izula with TKC orange scales (her choice). Myself DE Candiru with regular canvas scales and a Tan Izula 2. :)

Adventurer and RocketmanDane like this.
  12. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

I have a venom green Izula and that is my favorite ESEE! Black TKC scales with white liners for me though...

kyhunt likes this.