What's Your Claim to Fame?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OutdoorsFamilyMan, Mar 28, 2018.

1. wilas101

wilas101 Member

Holy crap my memory is horrible. We met Paul Sr the summer after the first season. My brother in law wanted to stop. I had no clue who it was. It's a hilarious story I could never tell right via text and phone. If any of you ever get lucky enough to meet me, ask and I'll tell it then. Lol

So come on, keep it up. Who else have i met, forgotten and need reminded of?

2. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

I met the guys from the band Incubus after a concert in 1997 before they became all that famous.

I drove Jeff Corwin from Animal Planet around in a boat while they filmed a documentary about the Horizon oil spill recovery. He was a really cool guy, we chatted a bunch about reptiles and bow hunting whitetail deer.

I routinely run into R.J. and Jay Paul from Swamp People, they live about 15mins from where I grew up. I used to workout at the same gym that Jay trained at for boxing and MMA. They're both really humble and friendly guys despite how History channel depicts them.

My great great uncle Alcide Verret was a good friend of C.C. Lockwood the wildlife cinematographer. He was featured/mentioned in a couple of Lockwood's documentaries as being one of the last few people to live full time in the Atchafalaya Basin.

3. Spikebot587

Spikebot587 Member

My dad used to deliver mail for Matt holiday when he was in high school, in fact I have a wooden bat that he broke in high school the year before he went pro.

OutdoorsFamilyMan likes this.
  4. Medicth

Medicth Member

I own a knife that Jeff Randall touched. And one that Expat touched.

5. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Many of those TV Herpers were good but Joe Flowers would probably run circles around them and people don’t know that much about his accomplishments or the species he has located.

6. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

My cousin got felt up by a very drunk Vince Vaughn many years ago. He said he was super apologetic later. I guess that practically makes us family right?

7. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

I'll have to look up more about Joe.

Your son's gonna eventually be your claim to fame DJ!!! His vids are always a joy to watch.

8. DYSPHORIC JOY

The snakes are the stars of the show.

9. DYSPHORIC JOY

He is on a mission to beat me.
    My claim to fame was that I was supposedly related to the inventor of the toothbrush. Since I am from TN and we are all related, people always said that it would have been called TEETHBRUSH if it was invented in another state.

10. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Lol! Sounds like here in La, where some family reunions don't have one full set of teeth.

The snakes are always awesome, but DJ Jr's delivery and engagement with interviewees is amazing. Especially for a 12-13 year old.

11. Black5

Black5 Member

Hmm...
    I worked personal security for several "country music" stars during the 90s while they played the venue (read that as bar) I was employed at. Alan Jackson was the most down to earth guy. Bought beer for us after the show and told the owner we were all on break.

I am directly related to some locally famous moonshiners and bank robbers...like...close enough I have one of the guns used in the final shootout with county sheriff and FBI...knew the sheriff when I was a child, and was taught to hunt by one of the men responsible for bringing about said final gunfight.

Those men had a wholly different outlook on life than people have now.

12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I have been on TV many times....I normally have my jacket pulled over my head or face pixelated though...

13. JollyRoger523

JollyRoger523 Member

Vinnie Paul. My old guitar teacher got me Darrel's (guitar player) autograph addressed to me.

Tim "Ripper" Owens (replacement singer for Judas Priest) grew up across the street from my grandparents. Good family.

My dad's buddy was a roadie for Lynyrd Skynyrd. Survived the plan crash. I've been to his house and seen all the gold records. My dad got to meet the band back in the day.

I played high school football with James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

My grandpa's brother-in-law's brother was the second most decorated soldier of WWII. Never met the guy.

I have a distant cousin who has played a few minor and background rolls in movies.

I think that's it. Nothing that big or interesting. I've met a few more famous people, but nothing beyond a simple greeting.

14. Bipolarcockroach

Bipolarcockroach Member

My grandpa on my dad's side who was an infantryman had a pistol pointed at him by General Patton when he was in France , On my mom's side we're related to the poet Ralph Waldo Emerson.
    I cooked for a lot of years so I've fed a few famous people, made a pizza for Mcauly Culkin when he was like 13 and then my coworker went over and gave Mcauly a demo tape of his band...surprisingly it was not the big break my buddy was hoping it would be lol.

Made food for Paris Hilton, Maria Carey, REM, Paul Newman, Schwartzenieger ..probably some others too but that's all I can think of at the moment. I met Montel Williams on a chair lift (he was a regular at the resort I worked at) and ended up snowboarding with him for a couple runs, he rode OK for an old guy.
    Met Tony Danza in a grocery store once, he was really really short and funny had a trash mouth.....

15. Michael W.

Michael W. Member

I met Neil Patrick Harris on set of a tv show filmed here. He actually started the conversation with me. That was cool.

I met Valerie’s boyfriend from Family Ties. He was cool.

Met Bobbie Brady from the Brady Bunch a couple times. He lives here.

I was in a movie as an extra with Steven Segal. Didn’t get to talk to him.

I’m Icelandic and Spanish Fork (The first permanent Icelandic settlement in the United States) where some of my Ancestors settled has a monument which was being rededicated in 2005, so the President Of Iceland came for that. Got to shake his hand.

There is a bunch more but no big name Hollywood actors.

Also found out from my uncle that Im related to General Stonewall Jackson and also Robert E Lee.

16. Getnlwr

Getnlwr Member

Nothing really. Just a nobody amongst a sea of important people.

Nothing wrong with that.

17. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Don't know if I want to say certain occasions

18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

oh this is gonna be good....

19. Redbear

Redbear Member

My sister and brother in law, Benedikt and Lauren Taschen. Although they're not actors or musicians, they're famous around LA, Miami fl, Germany, and Switzerland. They themselves know many other famous people and were personal friends with Muhammad Ali and Hugh Hefner. Benedikt wrote and published the book G.O.A.T. (the greatest of all time) and the most expensive book about Muhammad Ali. Other than that, myself lol. I'm a published poet and have had poems published in three books. But I'm not famous, yet Haha.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  20. olderguy

olderguy Member

Sat next to Frank Shorter many years ago on a flight from Denver to Boston. Great conversation and a very grounded individual.