Video: Manticore Abrasive File in action!

Discussion in 'Baryonyx Knife Co.' started by FortyTwoBlades, Mar 5, 2018.

1. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Moderator Staff Member

I just shot some footage of the Manticore abrasive file in action. Just like with my old video on the Lansky stone of the same pattern, I played baseball with a rock and a machete. The rock wasn't as rounded as the last time, and I struck a more solid blow, so the damage was much worse. In spite of that, the Manticore completely filed it out in a hair under 4:30, which is less than half the time it took with the Lansky version. This baby EATS steel.

2. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

Nice, love the "Caffeine-O-vision"
    Looks like it'd be great for lawnmower blades.

3. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Moderator Staff Member

Let's face it--no one want's to actually sit through 4+ minutes of "SHKRICK SHKRICK SHKRICK" sounds. :D :D :D

4. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

But I like running my finger nails down chalkboards:D

5. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

IMG_20180322_162508277.jpg I recently purchased one of these. A family member has a Condor El Salvador machete with a stubborn "hard spot" in the belly. It gets frequent use clearing brush and therefore regularly needs touching up. I've listened as he's taken various stones and even a file to it. When they hit that spot, the strokes sound and feel like a penny sliding across glass. We tried this Manticore file out on it. He was able to just work that spot and get it into shape with the rest of the blade (it had started to make an outward bow in the cutting edge where the metal was not being removed). This is an incredibly abrasive and unique tool. I have one of the Baryonyx Arctic Fox pucks too. I can't wait to give it a go. The line of BYXCO sharpening stones are an amazing value IMO.