Photobucket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushman5, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

yea it has sucked for a long time...lots of us have gravitated to IMGUR , but I want to access all my old photos on Photobucket.

i just got an email from the President, asking if i would come back.......and he extended a hell of a deal....

1,000,000 photos for $20 a year (usd) ......this is WAY less than what they tried to get me to pay for the last two years ($100+ a year).

thoughts? go for it? literally for over two years....with the amount of photos i have stored on there, they have been pushing me to pay $100+ (often more) a year.

QOUTE:
    Hello ,

You have exceeded your storage limit and now your account has been restricted. You will no longer have access to your photos or the ability to backup unless you upgrade to one of our paid accounts.

For a limited time only, we are offering users like yourself access to our ‘Store it All’ plan, our most exciting plan to date. This plan allows you to store up to 1 million photos, and is priced at only $19.99/year, equivalent to $1.66/month."

thoughts?

The Marsh Gorilla, HelRaiser and Zeek like this.
  2. Theo

Theo Member

Photo ransom. I will not pay. Maybe if you have photos with sentimental value it would be worthwhile.

3. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

And I would be copying them to another photo hosting site and backing them up on a hard drive.

The Marsh Gorilla, HelRaiser and Zeek like this.
  4. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

I purchased my yearly from them, right before they did the screw over. Even though I'm still a paid member, I can't do a backup. I literally went in, and loaded all my photos 1 by 1. I use Fotki now. http://www.fotki.com/us/en/

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  5. HelRaiser

HelRaiser Member

If the pictures are worth $20 to you, and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be since we've all spent $20 on dumber stuff, I say go for it.

Get in, get your pictures, and get out before they hike up the prices again or they finally kick the bucket.

6. JD Miller

JD Miller Member

Screw Photobucket . Rip offs !

loydendings and nathan shepherd like this.
  7. nathan shepherd

nathan shepherd Member

I used to use Photobucket to load photos on the old forum but I don't bother now you can load photos directly on this platform. Photobucket seem to go from a great company to a fantastic rip off over night. What happened to them?

Zeek likes this.
  8. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Ask him how much for 12 million photos.

9. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I would pay the monthly and get all my photos onto a hard drive then delete them all off photobucket and leave.

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

well thats just it......i'm not sure.......I have so damn many photoes....its why I have a 1 terabyte Google Drive account. . but i cannot remember if i downloaded them all when I was still on there.