1. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

we literally just lost a police officer two days ago here, similar injuries from the shooters hunting rifle , no idea if the Abbotsford Police Dept officer carry TQ's........never see em on the chest plates or belts........

UK Jackal likes this.
  3. DesertFox

DesertFox Member

Perhaps a bit late, but many deaths from gunshot wounds are preventable.

Departments have been keen on IFAKS based on the ones used by the US Army and USMC (See generally http://www.usamma.army.mil/assets/docs/IFAK.pdf) but officers don't carry them all the time (especially if they are on plate carriers).

I sometimes see them affixed to the OS handle above the door or affixed with zip-ties to the headrest of the passenger seat, which is the least useful place.

I'm hoping more people will start to carry one in an ankle rig and one under the duty blouse, with a minimum of:
    • Tourniquet
    • Hemostatic Dressing
    • Emergency Trauma Dressing
    If you carry a firearm for any reason, you have no reason not to have these items on your person at all times.

R Stowe, Bushman5 and UK Jackal like this.
  4. UK Jackal

UK Jackal Member

This is something I push a lot over here with my LE colleagues in the UK. We cover a very large area where assistance from any emergency service can be an hour away.

I don't push for CATs and Israeli Bandages out of fear of a catastrophic GSW injury, but more likely as the result of a bad fall, compound fracture or injury from machinery.

I carry at least two CATs, IB and Celox at all times, in work or out. They pack up small enough, so why not?

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

starting to see more fallers (chainsaw loggers) carry them here in the last couple years. Drove thru a few falling areas in the 4x4 and have seen the fallers with TQ's in their vest pocket or taped to the back of their helmets, as well as thick dressings in zip lock bags.

UK Jackal and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  6. Se7eN

Se7eN Member

I carry quick clot and a TQ with me always.