New addiction

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by KMCMICHAEL, Oct 21, 2021.

1. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

So I got this problem. This is the third on I’ve built this year. I have another one ordered. Luckily for me I’m doing some for friends.

This may be prettier than the others when done. DDBC63C6-649E-41E6-95E2-E9725A1FC094.jpeg

Kaw-liga, Zeek, Bozho and 1 other person like this.
  2. anomad

anomad Member

It's not a hockey stick since you don't identify as hoser or hose head in your profile. I see a fence and some grass and a golf club/hockey/polo stick thing. Help me out here.

3. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

It is a blackpowder flintlock rifle similar to something from Virginia circa 1760. It is in .50 caliber and shoots a patched round lead ball of 177 grains. It is not yet finished. I’ve posted another one here before but here it is again. I am not a photographer. F8B3A56C-49D4-4B74-B138-5CEFBE397CAC.jpeg

Kaw-liga, Zeek, Strigidae and 3 others like this.
  4. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

you killin me Mick. :). Thats just beautiful. Could it be done in a percussion cap action?

Zeek likes this.
  5. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

The flame on that is absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Zeek and KMCMICHAEL like this.
  6. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

Sure, it can be done. Lots of the originals were converted. I built a Hawken style earlier this year. The flintlocks do have a learning curve when operating. But you can’t always find the caps, and nothing looks as graceful as a flintlock.

Zeek, anrkst6973 and Wisdom like this.