Mora Axe

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by junglebum, Apr 26, 2020.

1. junglebum

junglebum Member

Has anybody used one of those mora camp Axes they look interesting but pretty thin for an axe

Backwoods Runner likes this.
  2. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

I have played with them in stores several times but never pulled the trigger, well made but I always feel like it's made more as a large animal butchering tool than a wood processing tool, if I'm remembering correctly the plastic handle is much more exposed where it wraps around the blade than the fiskars design. When I messed with them I just couldn't come up with something they would do better than the cheaper and similarly sized (at the time, not sure on current prices) fiskars x7, which is a wood processing machine for its weight and size.

The Marsh Gorilla and junglebum like this.
  3. beestokk

beestokk Member

I've got one and IMO it's def more of a cutting/carving hatchet particularly with the grind and stock thickness, but it's a super small footprint so should be great for a pack or belt carry. It truly is a Mora in hatchet form in that sense. Plus it's just kinda different and I like that, and a comfortable handle.