1 Stick Fire, feather sticks, and Try Stick w/ a new custom knife

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bushcraft_Dave, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Bushcraft_Dave

Bushcraft_Dave Member

I purchased the 2 Arrow Knives California California Bowie on a forum a few weeks ago and I love this thing. It's stout yet very capable of doing bushcraft tasks. Just the right size for me needs.

If you want to see more of his work, check out his IG: https://www.instagram.com/2arrow_knives/

Some stats:
    3.5" blade w/ clip point and a scandi grind w/ a micro bevel
    4.5" handle w/ brown canvas micarta
    80CRV2 steel
    Full tang
    90 degree edge
    blackwash finish
    Came with a kydex sheath w/ a leather backer

[​IMG]

For my use, I think it's a great size and also very stout. The blade is 3.5" and is long enough to baton through wood w/ the chipping away method (excuse me if that's the incorrect term). The blade is pretty broad, 1 3/8". A couple of whacks at the spine, sends the blade in deep.

The clip point, sets the tip about at the center line of the blade. So creating pivots for a bow drill kit wouldn't be hard. I used the knife to make a "one stick fire", "cap full of feathers", and an abbreviated version of Mors Kochanski's "trystick".

The 80CRV2 steel did a good job, after using it for a few weeks doing bushcrafty tasks, I really didn't notice much dulling. I stropped it after every use.

One Stick Fire:
    It was a easy as pie. Breaking the wood down, was a snap and Zach put a really nice edge on it so feathering with is was very fun.

[​IMG]

Cap of Feathers:
    Very fun and fast.

[​IMG]

Try Stick:
    Beforehand, I thought the broadness of the blade would make it more difficult to complete the Try Stick but I found the clip point allowed me a lot of tip control and also maneuverability in the notches. I thought it did great.

[​IMG]

Some more photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Theo

Theo Member

Looks like a capable little knife. Whats the big boy in that pic, a condor?

Bushcraft_Dave likes this.
  3. Bushcraft_Dave

Bushcraft_Dave Member

Great knife brother thanks. The other knife is the Condor Hudson Bay