Crocs for the win (or for 16th place)

Discussion in 'EXPAT Knives®' started by Expat, May 11, 2017.

1. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

kreeves likes this.
  2. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Crocs are what help maintain insurance premiums so high but keep those in healthcare working.

3. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Only having tried crocs recently, they are my go-to shoe when I'm not in boots.

FortyTwoBlades likes this.
  4. Expat

I always made fun of people with crocs. Then I got plantar fasciitis. Bad. I tried everything the doc suggested. Finally started getting cortisone shots which helped for a short time. The orthotics didn't help. The stupid golf ball, tennis ball, lacrosse ball, frozen water bottle didn't help. The boot at night didn't help. The expensive shoes didn't help. I was in pain for 2 years. Every morning was agony. The only thing left to try was the Graston Scraping Technique and I was pursuing that.

Then I read about crocs sometimes helping people with PF. I ordered a pair on clearance from Cabela's since I was willing to try anything. And I put crocs down at the bottom of the "try anything" list.

Within 3 days of wearing them, my PF was gone. And it's never come back. Now I can wear any shoe without pain or difficulty. But I'm partial to crocs because they are so light, don't absorb water and I can slip them on and off. They are like flip-flops with better support and toe coverage.

I've never thought about running in them but rest assured I'm going to start.

5. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

I have high arches. Without proper support, my arches begin to collapse, tearing the tendons ever so slightly. Unconsciously, I counter this by walking more on the outside of my feet, which causes major pain in the outside of my ankles.

It's a vicious cycle.

Crocs actually do help me with this. I tend to wear them inside, as we have laminate and tile flooring, which is really hard on bare feet.

I also like them to slip on to run out to the shed, put the garbage out, or go out into the garbage etc.

6. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

I enjoy my crocs for hiking and most casual wear. Typically I won't use the heelstrap except when hiking if my foot slides around too much. I really have been impressed. And they are cheap!

FortyTwoBlades and Zeek like this.
  7. Expat

My arches are the highest I've seen on anyone's foot. I'll take a pic. I know how you feel!

8. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

I might take that challenge.

All Shoes are the devil!

Zeek likes this.
  9. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Moderator Staff Member

I have ones without the vent holes all over them because of the messy situations I'm often walking around, and they're like the sneaker version of rubber boots for me. I also use them as "workshop slippers" when I'm going between there and living spaces such as not to track dust inside.

10. Expat

I agree. I wear shoes to work but for most of the day, I'm barefoot. Coworkers hate it.

If I have to get dressed up sometime this summer, I'll be getting a pair of these. The inventors of crocs worked with some other company to come up with these shoes. They have gotten high marks from pro fishermen:

http://www.austinkayak.com/products...zEO3lfbxHHwxHUd2yOv6BICIPbldMgBiGahoCCk3w_wcB

11. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

I have pair of insulated crocs I use for house slippers in the winter. I love them.

12. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I've been wearing my crocs for like 4 years now. I'm on my 3rd pair I think. If I'm in my house or on my boat you bet your ass you can't see my feet because of my camouflage crocs. I wear them to the beach too. They float and I can rinse them out with no worries.

13. RedEyedHog

RedEyedHog Moderator Staff Member

Wear them everyday in the kitchen. My doctor actually told me to get some because of my plantar. I still can't bring myself to wear the in public yet. I don't even like going into the dining room when we've got customers.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    MKZ and Zeek like this.
  14. MKZ

MKZ Member

I told myself I'd never buy them and I'd always talk smack to a buddy of mine that wore them for shower shoes...... then I crossed over to the Darkside :rolleyes:

I won't wear the OG crocs out of my house, or with company over. (Just can't do it) BUT! I purchased a pair of Croc Chukkas and I love them. Are they as comfortable as regular crocs? No, but they sure do look better :p IMG_2968.jpg

15. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Stand strong. Don't do it man. I actually carry some in my pack on long hikes and when I am showering in questionable surroundings. Problem is they are kind of like lead paint. One slip on a dining room floor and you are out of work.

I have worn boots every day at work for many years and never had foot problems. Started out wearing 9" boots to protect my lower legs from being bitten by aggressive people. Many years later, I have still not been bitten.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Delkancott and Zeek like this.
  16. RedEyedHog

It's really weird. I work steel toe work boots for 15 years as a plumber and even 7 years in the restaurant kitchen. Started having problems about 2 years ago. Had to make a change. Side note: I've only been bitten by an aggressive kid.

Zeek likes this.
  17. Expat

There is no shoe on the planet that looks better than Crocs.

Although my LL Bean hunting shoes come close.

18. RedEyedHog

I figured you to be a Jordans kinda guy.

19. Expat

I used to be exclusively Birkenstocks but the cork doesn't hold up to salt water very well.

20. RedEyedHog

With socks of course.

Josh likes this.