Anybody know/recognize this guy?

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by borrowed time, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Theodore

Theodore Member

I like the Boss Jack with the small or no choil. I have never pulled the trigger on one, I kind of regret not buying the blue one that sold here.( I own a swamp rat that I thinned out quite a bit, and it is still a touch thick. Hard steel, crazy hard.)

2. Mike Perrin

Mike Perrin Administrator Staff Member

What Buck Fynn doesn't say in that thread is His knife was replaced and I sent him free gifts to cover any mailing expense he had. You can't fix people like that. None of those guys there have actually read our warranty. They just figure in their mind we should replace everything , rust, worn finish, dull knife, etc. i.e., no matter what we should replace it. The warranty states "If you break it we will replace it." I am not a member there and won't bother but I would challenge any of those guys to actually read our warranty and then claim we don't back it up. They are right about one thing. I am not always a nice person when dealing with liars and con artists.))

MKZ, Dagwood, Redmech and 7 others like this.
  3. james gormley

james gormley Member

I like the guy who keeps refinishing his knife cause he doesnt like the scratches on his knife lol.
    HO HO HO HOMMMO

MKZ likes this.
  4. borrowed time

borrowed time Member

Mike, i know you are a stand up company & greatly appreciate all that you do to put out a quality product with impeccable customer service. As a matter of fact, once i found Esee, i was no longer a "knife collector", i sold off or gave away most of my collection and rely solely on Esee for my sheath knife needs, your product & reputation did that!
    Thanks Mike!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Zeek likes this.
  5. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

And soon :D you can count on ESEE for your folders as well. Now if we can just get that Izula folder in the stores. Lol

6. Safetyman

Safetyman Member

Why would you buy 15 ESEE knives if you are not satisfied? Like hating your wife, but you have 15 kids with her!

Zeek likes this.
  7. nathan shepherd

nathan shepherd Member

Just love the logic that these guys talk.

One thing I will point out is those who say they use Esee and love them then post pics of pristine blades that are "users", wear off the coating. Their powder coat isn't any better than any other brands. It'll wear off no matter how even and pretty it is. Get some rust on that blade, which is unavoidable with 1095, it voids the warranty btw, on the Esee.

The extra cost to get an Esee is for the replacement blade(s) they know they'll send you if you use it, if you don't let it rust that is. Think I read in their warranty you are stupid (their words) if you void the warranty (let it rust). Nice to know.

I haven't seen an Esee survive normal woods use yet, even with that legendary soft yet brittle heat treat they put on it. The only real accomplishment I see with their steel is how the hell do you heat treat 1095 at 55-57 HRC and still get them to be so brittle? I'd literally buy that for a dollar.

borrowed time likes this.
  8. borrowed time

borrowed time Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Zeek likes this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

you might hate the B***** but she sure was fun throwing the pickle down her sammich!

Dagwood likes this.
  10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

i might be on Jeff's hit list (ban list) for posting pohlitiqal content recently, but I love my Esee blades.....even my RUSTY trusty Junglas #0115. If i ever broke it for some ungodly reason, I'd frigging frame the thing , or turn it a small knife or sumtin.

[​IMG]