EDC Kydex Izula Sheath by Allen Morrison @ T.M. Hunt Custom Knives

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Delkancott, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

While I'm not one to do a review, nor would I consider this a formal review, I just wanted to provide some feedback for my new Izula II Scout Sheath by Allen Morrison at EDC Kydex by T.M. Hunt Custom Knives

The fit and finish is excellent and the retention is fantastic. While I does require a solid thumb push to release the Izula from the sheath, their is no question that the blade is secure in the sheath. Meant to wear scout style, I wear this knife at the 12/1 o'clock position and due to the slim profile of the sheath and the size of the small teklok, the whole package is barely noticeable. Even for someone who is packing some extra around the middle, the sheath/knife is remarkably comfortable no matter whether you're walking, driving, splitting wood or doing chores around the farm. Having the knife so readily available, yet so unnoticeable is a win-win.

My only qualms with the sheath are not due to its design, but rather the nature of belts and belt loops. It does take two hands to sheath the knife because the teklok slides along the belt until it hits my buckle. If I had two loops or another "stopper" this wouldn't be an issue. While it is no fault of EDC Kydex, it is worth mentioning.

A last note, I enjoy this sheath so much, not only has it made me carry my Izula II again, but I've also ordered another for my T.M. Hunt Custom Knives Magua!

IMG_3444.JPG IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3446.JPG IMG_3447.JPG IMG_3448.JPG IMG_3449.JPG IMG_3450.JPG IMG_3451.JPG IMG_3453.JPG

koolaidnd, SC864, Zeek and 6 others like this.
  2. ESEE-Fan

ESEE-Fan Member

Damn it your GB izula 2 looks better then mine. I haven't wore that much of the coating off yet but I keep trying. I have a nice chip about a half inch from the tip where I used it to pry with lol thank you for review, I keep seeing his work everywhere on here and you gave a nice honest review. I'll have to dig a little deeper into his work

3. Mtnfolk Mike

Mtnfolk Mike Member

Right on. Great pics. Allen indeed does some awesome work. He's a way cool dude too.
    I also have an Izzy 2 sheath coming soon, as well as a sheath for my TM Hunt Magua. Looking forward to checking them out.

Allen Morrison likes this.
  4. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Nice review and you definitely have one of if not the best looking ESEE's out there. Truly loved by its owner.

5. Allen Morrison

Allen Morrison Member

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Zeek and Mtnfolk Mike like this.
  6. Zeek

Zeek Member

This seems like a really nice setup. @Delkancott, is it still your daily user?

7. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

On my hip right now @Zeek

I haven't been carrying it AIWB since I started carrying my pistol there, but it rides just fine at 3-4 angled toward the rear. Great sheath.

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.