ESEE gear purge

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by 91bravo, Dec 4, 2016.

1. nathan shepherd

nathan shepherd Member

-

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    JMJ likes this.
  2. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Member

Six years ago my cancer came back for the 3rd time. My oncologist told me that he'd saved many people with what I have. He said I was an outlier. My daughter was 3 and my wife was pregnant with my son. I was sitting at the Johns Hopkins cancer center feeling really depressed and sorry for myself when a little girl not much older than my daughter walked by with no hair. That point in time was pivotal to my life. It was then that I decided to shut my pie hole and be grateful for the gifts I had been given. It taught me perspective. It taught me to be kind first, to say what I mean and mean what I say, and it taught me what is important in life. An argument on an internet forum is really, really low on the importance scale. I'm sad to see you guys go. You seem like people I would gratefully include in my life if we were near each other. I'm sad that you've allowed someone typing on a computer keyboard to cause you so much stress and emotional upheaval. I wish you would stay, but I respect your decision to go. Just remember what's really important in life. Family first, every single time. Try to go to sleep each night content that you did your best that day. None of us know how many tomorrows we have. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and may the new year bring you joy. Peace.

jbs121s, Flex, Benson X and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ryno

Ryno Member

Thank you @91bravo and @MarriedTheMedic for all you have posted over the years.

I don't post much myself on here, but always enjoyed keeping up with your travels and adventures.

Take care!

elgatoloco likes this.
  4. Thanks for the kind words, guys!

@Creaky Bones -- Great post! I'm sorry for what you went through, but I'm glad you were able to find a new perspective on life through that.

Please understand that this isn't at all over the small squabble that ensued. It is Jeff's forum, and he has every right to do and say as he pleases. At the same time, we have every right to not tolerate things which we don't agree with. We wouldn't raise our children with standards that we see that exist in certain people, therefore, we try to lead by example and have higher standards by which we choose to live our lives.

Out of respect for Jeff and his forum, we have chosen to not say anything more than what little has been said here about our exit.

There are some really great people here, and we will miss you guys! If you haven't already, and would like to keep in touch, please shoot one of us your email address. :)

5. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

Some of the items will ship out via UPS and others by postal service depending on what time I get out of work today. Tracking #s will be sent to all once items have shipped! Work, kids' games and Christmas buzz has us busy, but I'll try and get everything mailed off within the next few days!

6. Mike Perrin

Mike Perrin Administrator Staff Member

Actually it is Jeff and Mike's forum but never the less sorry to see you go.
    Mike

7. Didn't mean to be exclude you, Mike! Just don't see much of you. Thanks!

8. Wildbill247365

Wildbill247365 Member

Dam guys this sucks!!!!!! Who am I going to bust balls with and get my balls busted by during the National Championship games :(:(:(:D:D I won't wish you good luck because good people don't need it!!!! I will wish you all of the joys and blessing you have coming to you, keep loving and respecting one another because that is all that really matters!!!! I knew you was a great choice for moderator, but also knew your high standards and moral compass would make the job hard on you. to bad others in charge do not have those standards any more.

9. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Member

Hope you both reconsider. The user ignore feature is a good option to explore if you change your mind. Idiots will fade away if everyone stopped entertaining dialogues with them.

The general discussion area has been on a downward spiral for some time now, but people have the right to act how they like and treat people how they please. They also need to respect house rules whether they completely agree or not. We're generally all adults here.

Even though I stopped posting much at all on the dead forums for a variety of reasons; I have always enjoyed your adventures. I do hope you continue sharing.

JMJ likes this.
  10. tangomike3

tangomike3 Member

I have this rusty knife...

11. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

@DYSPHORIC JOY , @tangomike3 and @Paynefree's stuff has shipped via UPS.
    PMs sent with tracking #s as well. MTM is mailing out her 6 to Texastony and Izula to Sheepdog this afternoon when she gets off work.

@Dougmau, all your patches will ship via post office when I get off work today. I'll shoot you tracking info once I have it in hand!

Hope yall enjoy!

12. Moonpie

Moonpie Member

All the jokes we made in the past of people getting butt hurt and selling all of their ESEE gear and here we are with another butt hurt member and another fire sale and not one joke. Y'all are getting soft.

chorpie likes this.
  13. mil spec

mil spec Member

@MarriedTheMedic & @91bravo , Best wishes to you both. I have always admired you 2 because you shared the same likes. The photos of you 2 camping and hiking was always a treat. You both always looked happy together.

Best Wishes,
    Rob

MarriedTheMedic, JMJ and mwramos76 like this.
  14. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

PM sent.

15. Thanks, Rob! As I stated before, if anyone would like to keep in touch, please pm one of us your email address.

16. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

All items have been shipped and PMs sent with tracking info.

17. timdgsr

timdgsr Member

It's been fun. Sad to see trolls not kept in check ruining quality people's experience.

18. ArizonaBushman

ArizonaBushman Member

Sad to see you go. I perfected my stropping from you. Thanks for all the knowledge.

mil spec, MarriedTheMedic and JMJ like this.
  19. Scott Whittington

Scott Whittington Member

I hate all of this! You guys will both be very missed. Keep in touch and come see us at Blade Show this year. We will officially have a booth so don't just come see us but come HELP!!!!!!

In all seriousness if I can ever do anything for either of you, you know how to reach me!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.

20. Thanks, Scott!! It was so good to meet you this year! You've been good to us, and the same goes for you...Jonny will be more than happy to help you out at Blade 2017! :D