Slow page loads: any one else experiencing that?

Discussion in 'Forum Technical Issues' started by Stone, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Member

Interesting. I cleared my cookies, cache, and Internet history. I then viewed the forum as a guest. Worked fine. I logged in, back to the same issues.

ETA. Tried to post the above. Received an error from the server saying that there is an error on the Javascript Console. First time that has happened and I have no freaking clue what that means.

2. chorpie

chorpie Member

Hit F12 on your keyboard and click on the tab that says Console. errors are usually posted in red.

3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Member

Where's F12 on my phone? Lol

4. chorpie

chorpie Member

Ah...phone...

5. ArguableLobster

ArguableLobster Member

It dosn't look like anybody capable of trying to fixing this has the slightest inclination of doing so. So I'm just going to make a new acount and use that instead.

If anybody feels like experiencing the joys of a somtimes 40,000ms ping feel free to try this acount. just "pmexpat".
    Posting should be disabled. I've changed the verification email and left it unconfirmed.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  6. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Literally the weirdest thing.

I logged in as you and immediately the difference was obvious. Pages took FOREVER to load. I checked all of your preferences and everything appears to be default. I did some searching around and everything that would cause latency issues for XenForo would presumably impact all users. If it were a template cache issue, host latency or problems with a MySQL database everyone would be having the same problems. Seeing as how I can log in as you and have unbearable load times, then log in as myself and have no issue at all makes absolutely no sense.

A DDOS attack on a single user doesn't match up either. That shouldn't be possible, since user profiles aren't going to be open to public traffic. This is definitely something that XF engineers need to look at.

chorpie likes this.
  7. Sheepdoggitydog

Sheepdoggitydog Member

These are the exact issues I'm having.

8. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

So AL and I have some of the same errors. When clicking on the username, but otherwise I'm unaffected at all. AL is getting all sorts of 404 errors just when generally browsing the site. It's almost like DNS isn't working for his account. Which again, makes no sense. All of this should be stored locally and profiles should be able to browse the databases without having to look externally. It could be an indexing thing on the profiles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, I've been proven wrong on the "soft ban" thing - https://bukkit.org/threads/userdisc...s-ragequit-when-a-ban-would-be-unfair.112058/

9. chorpie

chorpie Member

Yeah, Lobster and I went through many of the same steps a couple nights ago. the user discouragement feature seems like the only plausible explanation, more so because the issue is specific to user account. like I mentioned earlier though, the server error logs (If there are any) would help, and they're accessible from the admin panel.

10. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Yeah, we'll need to see if there are any actual latency issues with SQL. I'm having to assume that the discouragement feature isn't to blame because someone would at least have to initiate it. I doubt the XF console would just randomly turn this on by itself.

11. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Member

I'm back in the saddle again. I changed nothing. Weird.

12. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Same thing happened to me.