Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. TerryD

TerryD Member

It was not long ago. The same brand was $23/100. Demand is crazy high right now.

Chris Talley and Bozho like this.
  2. Bozho

Bozho Member

I hope the prices will go back to the previous level.
    The demand here is very low, as I can have 50 rounds per carry gun, no more. The ones that are on hunting license have no such restriction.

Chris Talley likes this.
  3. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

This is because of the “ammo shortage” here in the US. It’s crazy with the inflated pricing. Are you not experiencing shortages in Bulgaria? I know it’s a multifaceted issue for the lack of ammunition to be found in the US but it would be interesting to hear about availability in Europe.

Bozho likes this.
  4. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

Oops! You answered my question @Bozho.

Bozho likes this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

..... I am thinking of exporting US made ammunition I buy here back to the US as there is STILL profit to be made from it. Honestly the shelves are full and price has remained stable.

ASH and Chris Talley like this.
  6. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

We are causing our own shortages by panic buying.

Chris Talley and TerryD like this.
  7. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Might be spending most of the summer clearing a couple of acres of land by hand...
    Its going to be interesting... :(

TerryD and Drew RedBear like this.
  8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Get ya a couple of junglas' and you'll be good :D

9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Didn't the knife connection used to have a thing you could earn points? It's been a couple years since I've ordered from them, but going through all my orders I figured I'd tally up what I've spent. Almost $4,500 since early 2016. Holy ****! At least half was for knife modding though but still. Screenshot_20210227-013015.png

RocketmanDane likes this.
  10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

More like a couple of chainsaws for one the previous ones burn up..

But honestly it’s looking like it won’t be that bad. I really only need to completely clear 1 acres worth of ground. Location is only medium density of trees and I have until winter to get everything cut and stacked.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  11. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

This is a serious type question so please no exaggerations...

For anyone who has been to SMKW.
    I have not personally been there.. I have a long 11 + hr single day trip this week. If I drive a extra 100 miles and 1 1/2 hours I might be able to stop for 2 hours... The stop would be after at least 10hrs of driving by then.
    Is 2 hours really enough to go through the store? OR should I plan in a few more hours the next time I am in the area?

Thanks!

12. Black5

Black5 Member

To me, two hours was plenty. But again, I'm not a browser/shopper. I go looking for specific items or types. My wife, on the other hand, was fascinated and could have stayed longer. There are also other shops in the immediate area, and we spent several hours wandering around.

RocketmanDane, TerryD and ASH like this.
  13. TerryD

TerryD Member

If it's going to be a rare or only chance to go by there for you, go for it. 2hr should be more than enough time to browse. Plus there is a Lodge cast iron outlet, Coleman outlet and Bud's Guns right there in the same shopping complex.

You can skip the bottom floor and the 1st little 1/2 level full of gas station knives. The bottom floor is kitchen knives and accessories with some sharpening stuff and clothes in one corner. They did just open it up but it's nothing special.

There is also a Bass Pro off the exit right beside 40 if you need to kill some extra time.

Drew RedBear and RocketmanDane like this.
  14. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Thank you!
    I’m hopping to be in the area again in the fall. With all the other other stores in the area I might just have plan a longer stop then. My 2 hour Max stop time is pretty firm which is sounding harder and harder :)

Black5 and TerryD like this.
  15. TerryD

TerryD Member

Well, there's plenty more things I can recommend in that area. We spend three weekends a year there on average as family getaway weekends. Lots of good food and interesting attractions.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  16. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

After conversations with some folks from Chicago and also New Jersey, I realized what a lot of people don’t know about how we handle snow here.

Snow tires pretty much don’t exist.
    Also, the only streets that get a plow on them are highways and main arterial city streets. Neighborhoods don’t get plowed at all.
    Many smaller towns don’t even have plows, so they do nothing.

With a typical year for us we get a few events that are a couple inches each time and it melts in two days.

This last one was 10” and it didn’t melt for a week.
    My neighborhood wasn’t bad for the first couple days, but then it all got packed down to a hard pile of ice.

But, it was 71 and sunny today, so I’m good with our “winters”.

TerryD likes this.
  17. TerryD

TerryD Member

Been spending my evenings in the shop working on the Zuk. Trying to get some of the maintenance items taken care of and ready to put it back together and run once the new harness gets here.

Got the oil changed in both final drives, also replaced the vent tube on the cooling fan.

I've got a list of pieces I've got to order going for some finishing touches.

20210301_184358.jpg

The oldest daughter pulled the winch apart too and we're going to replace the drum bushings and regrease it. The airframe grease Warn specs is PRICEY. 14oz tube for $32 shipped was the best price I could find.

But moving forward.

Looks I'm going to be picking up another derelict bike this weekend. Guy I work with has a Bayou 220 4x2 that has engine trouble he's gonna give me. It'll make a good bike for the teenager if I can get it going I guess.

18. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Power drove across 4 States today.. Sadly had to just waive at all the shiny Knife and Gun stores that I kept spotting thou... Maybe SMKW on the way home :)

Drew RedBear and TerryD like this.
  19. TerryD

TerryD Member

Some of my parts started showing up today. A bunch of little fasteners and small parts in this order.

My middle daughter came out and we changed the brake fluid and checked the front brake pads. Then we put on a new front hub cap and changed the engine oil.

I also sat down and started separating the bolts into labeled baggies so I don't forget where they go.

If we get a warm day this weekend, I'll try to drag it outside and pressure wash it and the plastics really well. Then it should be ready to reassemble as soon as the harness arrives.

RocketmanDane and Drew RedBear like this.
  20. ASH

ASH Member

What model suzuki is it? We have a 500 vinson 4x4.