Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ASH

ASH Member

This place actually sells alcohol based hot sauce. https://swampdragonhotsauce.com/ I have never tried it but found the site last year after I got the idea of making hot sauce with alcohol.

2. C99c

C99c Member

Just a bit of advice for folks going into any kind of business with anyone, friends included. Always have the business plan, with all details, including the responsibilities of each party both while the "company" is active and when it ends, in writing. From a good attorney.

It'll save everyone headaches, especially when one party runs the business poorly, divorces and then remarries someone he can't afford and then the new party decides that the "company" is now partly theirs. And the new party thinks that suing former "company" owners will bring her some quick cash.

It's nice to just be able to text your attorney and say "have at it".
    Also, use the biggest asshole you can find for an attorney. Mine is 5'4" of hate and rage once she's on the clock and the nicest person in the world otherwise.

Also, also: I thought that at this point everyone knew that for anything bigger than a lemonade stand run by 5 yr olds you should use separate accounts for the business. Apparently I was wrong.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    JV3, RocketmanDane and Delkancott like this.
  3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

H$ll! Some cities you have to have a business license / permit for a lemonade stand!
    Always keep stuff separate, I want to say it’s something like Leg@l zoom or similar that you can do all that on line for set fees now.

C99c likes this.
  4. C99c

C99c Member

This morning my wife and I went on a short walk in a city near us on a newer "recreation" trail.

Saw some little kids playing in puddles and leaves and throwing rocks in a small pond. Then we watched a bald eagle hunting an adjacent field. It was a good morning.

OKcherokee, TerryD and JV3 like this.
  5. JV3

JV3 Member

i pretty much was forced to buy my own tennis ball machine...my buddy who's super overweight (around 5'10" and close to 300 lbs) wanted to lose weight and convinced me to come out of retirement when he bought a tennis ball machine. well, a few games later i'm hooked back in but now he decided it's too much work i guess hauling his machine out and the rest of the gear and doesn't want to play anymore lol.

i should've seen this coming...most people who are that overweight have a tendency to have a lack of discipline or drive when it comes to physical activities...if they did they wouldn't be in that condition to begin with. he was the same way with road biking then hiking years ago - did it for about a month and suddenly quit too.

looking at the bright side i'll be shooting less so it'll be easier to conserve my ammo stash while i ride out the lack of supply...far more eye candy on the tennis courts too compared to the range so it's all good :)

6. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

60-70-80 Plus mile per hour winds outside... Yah....
    BUUUTTT All safe inside :) Not our first storm.

TerryD likes this.
  7. TerryD

TerryD Member

Thinking about y'all man! I know y'all deal with that stuff just fine but be safe just the same.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  8. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@TerryD Thank you.
    We made it through pretty well. Locally I heard it gusted as high as 97 MPH or more.
    Living in a duplex, something when pinging between us and the neighbors house. Tore some siding of their unit and knocked the h@ll out of our AC unit.. Tore off some metal pieces and left a ok dent on the side. BUT it still works and we will check it out in the morning.
    The neighborhood looks to have faired ok also. I would say probably 1/2 the houses are missing atleast a few pieces of siding. Didn’t see any tree or objects down on roofs or cars which is good. There are ALOT of roof shingles around but if that is the worst house and car damages then we are happy.
    Local trees didn’t fair to well. I would say half are total losses and the others got beat up pretty good. But as I didn’t see them down on anything it looks like all the trimming that they do throughout the year paid off.

TerryD, C99c, Bluelew and 1 other person like this.
  9. JV3

JV3 Member

so i got curious what watch nadal is wearing since players from most sports never wear one during a game..only other person i can think of is odell beckham jr. (nfl player) and it's not always...it turns out he's sponsored by richard mille and that watch goes for $220k :eek: the one time i saw beckham wear one is also a mille that's $350k :eek:

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

And he does not need to pay for it if he damages it playing.

Strigidae likes this.
  11. JV3

JV3 Member

i think he actually likes the watch too since i've seen pics of him on the streets wearing it...can you imagine being forced to use something only because of the money? would you drive only a jeep for everything if they paid you millions? :D

12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

........ that's a bit like asking "what your manhood and dignity are worth to you"... for some it is he purchase price of a puffy jacket....for some of us it is priceless..... !!

Strigidae likes this.
  13. JV3

JV3 Member

haha!

14. W.Jester

W.Jester Member

Contacted Stee Will about an issue I had with a pocket clip on one of their folders. They were very quick responding through email and sent me a new clip with no questions asked. Good support and service from them. Would recommend.

BigJake and TerryD like this.
  15. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

First, if I could get some prayers for my oldest daughter, she's been in and out of the hospital over the last week and they can't figure out what it is. She is a covid survivor so hopefully it's not any after affects from that.

Yesterday I was able to wind down and spend time with my air force friend going thru our packs. I was trying to lighten my pack but he kept giving me things lol. Not pictured is an army poncho/tarp and two army sleeping bags. Needless to say I have to really lighten up the pack for camping use. 20201104_105656.jpg 20201104_105704.jpg

Bluelew, Strigidae and RocketmanDane like this.
  16. C99c

C99c Member

Come on Godzilla, where the hell are you? Damn aliens will be here any moment.
    And that will be the high point of the week.

RocketmanDane and Drew RedBear like this.
  17. JV3

JV3 Member

you can kill time by putting up the christmas lights :D in my neighborhood that's how i know it's a filipino household - one a block away already have lights on since two weeks ago :eek:

RocketmanDane likes this.
  18. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I made a H@ll in a hand basket comment yesterday and I’m still paying for it.. :)

19. C99c

C99c Member

20. JV3

JV3 Member

the philippines got hit by another major hurricane (it gets on average about 20 a year)...people are so used to it though we know how to look at the bright side. i remember growing up there when the flood water was only 1-2 feet high school was only delayed by an hour :D school closings didn't happen until the water was at least waist deep :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IW17, Bluelew, Drew RedBear and 3 others like this.