surefire rechargeable 123a?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Oct 29, 2020.

1. JV3

JV3 Member

i noticed surefire now has their own rechargeable 123a. it has their own branding rather than someone else's that they're just reselling...i tried to order a couple to test but the site won't let me add to cart...anyone actually have a solid experience with them or it's just vaporware?

if it's legit this is the final piece of the puzzle i've been waiting for a long time to completely stop using other brand flashlights and switch everything to surefire...all my weapon lights are surefire already but i still keep a few fenix ones for everyday use with rechargeable aa & aaa to minimize waste.

https://www.surefire.com/products/parts-accessories/batteries/sflp123-batteries/

[​IMG]

C99c likes this.
  2. Bozho

Bozho Member

At 450 mAh and 3.2 V these seem to be quite weak even for a 16340 o_O

C99c and JV3 like this.
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

but that's the catch - they're surefire brand. i trust orbtronic 18650 with surefire but don't personally know anyone who tried it with an orbtronic 16340...and for a surefire light's price i'm not going to be a guinea pig and blow one out and not be under warranty.

run times i'm not concerned about since i'll replace them daily if needed...my priority is not to damage the light itself...what rechargeable are you using with surefire?

C99c likes this.
  4. Bozho

Bozho Member

I don't have any Surefire, but from all the 16340s I've used - I only like lithium ones, but not their price :D
    I have used Efest 650 mAh and they were OK, but I am disappointed with an Olight 10A 16340 which gets drained incredibly fast.

Would you use 2x16340 in a single 18650 light to boost the voltage and lumens a bit?

JV3 likes this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

When I was learning about batteries and such I made a 3 x CR123 Surefire super bright (using Li-Ion 16340s @ 3.7v ea) ..........for a millisecond......had to buy a replacement lamp assembly (that was THE FIRST use of that light) so got one that could take the extra volts for that and one for each of my 6P and 6z lights, never looked back !!!

JV3 and Bozho like this.
  6. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm happy with a single 18650. my surefire fury is 1,500 lumens and it's plenty bright for me...definitely overkill for around the house use...used against someone's eyes it's already insanely bright i don't think they'll notice a difference anymore even if it's another 500 lumens higher.

now, a 1,500 lumens light in the same size as aa/aaa light i definitely want :)

another reason i don't like multiple cr123 is i know i won't mix used/unused ones in the same light but i don't trust my family members to pay attention to such things.

Bozho likes this.
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

.... I am the only one responsible for anything battery powered so if I get it wrong I only have myself to blame..!!!

Bloody Zebralight wont ship to Australia at the moment thanks to the "Rona. I literally received a package from them around two weeks ago then went to place another order and I am persona non grata with them now doe to the Aussie address.....and they ship out of China to here which is still running well....literally 5 days for most orders....bastages.

Strigidae likes this.