Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Motorcycle Carb finally came in... Kinda sketch, no paperwork, no label on box or Carb. AND it is the wrong Carb..

TerryD likes this.
  2. TerryD

TerryD Member

That sucks! Amazon carb?

3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

The carb was ordered from a what appears to be a reputable company. But the one received looks like the Amazon knock off.. They said this morning they are going to ship the “correct” carb. So we will see...

TerryD likes this.
  4. ASH

ASH Member

Going to give my two weeks notice tomorrow. I can't wait to be done with Chrysler. I had to do a 17 year old recall on a 18 year old truck today. Of course the 18 year old mirrors didn't survive being disassembled. Chrysler said that if the cost of new mirrors was more than the value of the truck that they would send the owner a check for the truck.

RocketmanDane, IW17 and TerryD like this.
  5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Well I got the “new” Carb in today! Not sure how it was going to get screwier... SO they sent it to the wrong address... Luckily The guy a few doors down knew who I was (Not a very get out and meet your neighbors type of neighborhood..) So he brought the package over :)

Looks to be the “correct” Carb but again no packing slip or labels on the box or Carb.. I still think it’s a little weird. But they aren’t asking me to return the “wrong” one so can’t really complain to much.

I decided to put the manual carb instead of the “correct” cabled carb on it anyway. Simplifies the setup with less cables etc.

Big picture think Low profile, indestructible survival scooter. Pictures hopefully when I get it all stuffed back together in a few days. ( Had the wiring pulled out to to troubleshoot)

Not as cool as this stock one would be but think similar (Google Photo)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    IW17, JV3, Strigidae and 3 others like this.
  6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

So my friend Harold (the air force friend) came by today and gave me these two pouches. The first one I really like because it opens like the fatty does and although the set up is different on the inside, it'll definitely work. He said the place only had the one but he'll keep checking back. No idea what the patch is so if anyone knows I'd appreciate the info. Not sure what I'll use the second one for but it's kind of cool also. 20201001_121348.jpg 20201001_121413.jpg 20201001_121505.jpg 20201001_121637.jpg

TerryD, IW17, RocketmanDane and 2 others like this.
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

..........damn.....!!! The CT110 is a bit iconic out here as for over 40 (?) year a version of it has been used by Australia Post as a delivery bike !!! A whole industry grew around them and lots like them for hunting and such. back in the 80s there was version of the CT90 and 110 that came with a Hi/lo range option. I would love one of those !!! I cant tell you how many hours of my early life was spent sitting on one of those hurtling down footpaths throwing letter at mailboxes.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Bluelew, RocketmanDane and Strigidae like this.
  8. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

That picture brings back memories.

I can feel the heat on my right ankle now lol

RocketmanDane and TerryD like this.
  9. BigJake

BigJake Member

I’m hopefully 6 days away from standing on two feet again.

JV3, ASH, RocketmanDane and 5 others like this.
  10. JV3

JV3 Member

my legs are so white...i need more sunlight :eek:

[​IMG]

11. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I really like the step thru design scooter/ mopeds. Only problem is finding parts.. People think there worth $$$$$
    Currently working to swap in some heavy duty shocks Thou. :)

12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Probably the most genuine video I've ever watched.

13. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

So “covid” really ****ed me over up here . $75000 a year to ZERO in less than a day. Been struggling $$$wise since April 2020. Been in quite a nihilistic mood since. Watched lots of white folk completely destroy cities and towns because they are ******* asshurt over black injustice.

Whatever. Personally I think rioters should be shot on site , one in the chest, one in the head.

I’ve been exploring and doing survival stuff stuff a lot since layoff, despite the fact certain people **** on me about that....yes I am a self described survival expert... I may not be book or classroom or taught by a “Pro” survival school outfit, but that does not mean I don’t know survival skills. I know my local wilderness terrains and the hazards and opportunities it presents. So **** you and your “survival “ elitism. Lose the ******* “I’m a survival expert ATTITUDE “ and think outside the survival training box.

Anyways..... I start a new trucking job Oct 13 ....... been 7 plus months with no income. Yeah...it makes people ******* pissed off being out of work that long. Hence my ******* attitude about survival training and how one is perceived.

hope everyone is well, getting out hiking and camping etc. You don’t need to be all “24/7 tactical wilderness survival mode” every time you go for a hike. Chill the **** out already! Please realize that while you are living the dream of teaching survival skills 24/7 , the rest of us are lucky to get a few hours in the woods each week (if that) while we are breaking our ******* backs to pay bills and even just to eat.

Just enjoy yourself in the woods. Is that OK? Is that allowed? “Survival” is not about being the best at certain techniques, or ONLY using “those” techniques, it’s about adapting to the situ at hand and using skills and techniques one has personally learned , experienced and that apply to their IMMEDIATE situ.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  14. JV3

JV3 Member

let's go lefties! yesterday rafael nadal tied roger federer with the most grand slams in history (20). novak djokovic has 17. it's a great time to be a tennis fan right now...who knew we'd see pete sampras' 14 grand slams be shattered like this in our lifetime?

[​IMG]

C99c likes this.
  15. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I’m no knife fighting expert, I have had some training and feel pretty comfortable with a bayonet or a Ka Bar.

SO IDK why but I really want something similar to a Benchmade SOCP or a decent Karambit style knife.

I’m thinking flat black or dull buffed plain metal. No serrations, Maybe 2-3 inches of sharpened blade total.

Just saying. :)

16. ASH

ASH Member

I'm on staycation for the next few weeks. Got a lot of projects to catch up on. I don't start my new job until November 8.

TerryD, C99c, JV3 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Found a good one?

18. JV3

JV3 Member

are you allowed to ccw? i'd much rather have a gun than a knife...an instructor once said no one comes out unscathed in a knife fight...i think i'd fake some kung fu moves first before resorting to a knife lol.

RocketmanDane and IW17 like this.
  19. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@JV3
    I am Legally allowed to CCW but it’s not really practical for me. I spend to much time almost everyday where I cannot CCW and cannot even lockup or even have in my car. So easily 75 percent of my time out of the house I can’t CCW..
    BUT I have no legal or practical problem with carrying almost any knife. Not getting away with lugging around a machete but most any “practical sized” knife I can carry.

I went ahead and ordered a inexpensive OKC Karambit trainer to fiddle around with and see if the blade shape could work for me.

I think I will mock up something similiar to a SOCP with one of the older style Benchmade Rescue hooks. Like the one below. I’ve got a couple and have spent plenty of time playing with them :) But not for a tactical/ defense type purpose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JV3 likes this.
  20. ASH

ASH Member

Going back into government service, it has it's ups and downs. It's better pay and benefits than anything else offers around here.

Strigidae likes this.