Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

...... I am sorry to hear this, coming from someone with essentially no family (only friends who I am closer with than any relative) that can be damned hard and there are no guarantees. You do have to find out though so you are not left with questions. Take care.

2. TerryD

TerryD Member

I'm really wanting to get into the woods for a couple days and bash some stuff with my new 6..... This domesticated crap is weighing on me....

IW17 likes this.
  3. TerryD

TerryD Member

I don't know the situation and circumstances but know that you're in my thoughts regardless. Keep us posted, you've got good folks here that care.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  4. ASH

ASH Member

What's wrong RocketmanDane, you can't get the stank off that stainless izula? I've never heard of septic pumps and alarms, here we just bury the tank and let gravity do it's thing.

5. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Must be an aerobic system.

The liquids are filtered and then pumped into a series of what amounts to sprinkler heads that just spin and water the surrounding area.

There is a panel that controls it and floats in the tank to measure the liquid levels.

I don’t deal with many plumbers or roto rooters per say, but we are an adjacent industry and do supply some of the panels, floats, pumps, and heads.

6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

appreciate that fellas. Thank you

7. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@ASH
    The Izula blade is fine. BUT my dumb butt forgot to remove the Micarta scales before the septic work... They are a goner...

@OKcherokee
    I honestly don’t know how all the system works. Its my parents house so I just did all the replacement plumbing, pumps and electrical in the tank.

The way the system works from my basic knowledge( not a plumber just very well rounded in home repair) is that the pump and the floats sit inside a mesh basket. The basket keeps out all the solids. The liquid is pumped into a large underground Leach field which helps water and fertilize the area for for animal grazing.
    The alarm is Incase the tank becomes to full and cannot pump out the liquids. Other then a monthly alarm Test it did not activate for almost 15 years and that was when the pumps and floats had finally gone bad.
    Over all A great system that doesn’t require pumping the tank on a regular basis. Last week was the first time in almost 15 years.

Again All while Using my SS Izula :)

8. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Interesting.

My parents septic system is very passive.

Large tank that collects everything, and a leach field. No pumps, the liquid just drains off the top into the leach field.

My brothers house has the aerobic system.

Instead of being piped into an underground leach field it is piped to some pop up irrigation rotors and is sprayed across the lawn.
    Like I said there is a filtration system also.

Ive also heard of people that have a grinder pump and everything is run through then it pumps it somewhere.

9. JV3

JV3 Member

i've been trolling budsgunshop site for several weeks now and finally snagged a gen 5 glock 17 without the grip notch :) next on the list is a g19 but since we're limited to 1 pistol purchase per month anyway i have plenty of time to find one...this panic buying is insane, every glock they have listed in stock usually disappears within minutes...definitely worse than when obama got elected the first time.

Frigin, IW17, C99c and 1 other person like this.
  10. C99c

C99c Member

It's a perfect storm of Covid19 fears/Covid19 supply disruptions/Riots/Cities letting criminal mobs do whatever they want/election year.

I've not had trouble finding quality ammo, which has suprised me, but my two best local shops are wiped out of every kind of gun with a waiting list so long that they couldn't fill it in two years. And they're having record numbers of new customers come in to try to buy.

I feel sorry for those just coming of age or those just realizing that they are responsible for their own safety.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    IW17 and JV3 like this.
  11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

..... soak in a mild detergent/antiseptic and then put them in a dishwasher for a cycle with the temp at the cooler end. Micarta is not "deeply porous" and you will get that right out. I soak and use a toothbrush for blood.

12. JV3

JV3 Member

indeed...our ranges have been closed since march (they're reopening next month) so i can only imagine all those newbies with new guns and nowhere to try them.

13. JV3

JV3 Member

people are getting desperate...someone bought this ugly as hell keltec for $1,500 from my local shop :eek:

[​IMG]

C99c likes this.
  14. ASH

ASH Member

What do you reckon art would say if they knew I took the SIM card out of my tablet and put it in my 4g modem. I know they can tell what device the SIM card is in. The only reason I did it is because the service is so bad here that my tablet doesn't even work. I'm still using the tablet just on WiFi. If I could hook my external antenna to the tablet I would have done that instead.

15. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

I went the other way and got a G45, (19 sized slide with the 17 grip frame) and picked up a G19 gen5 MOS grip frame Separately.
    I just gotta swap the slide back and forth depending on concealment needs. I don't think I've ever carried it with the G19 frame.

JV3 and C99c like this.
  16. C99c

C99c Member

One of the guys at my LGS said that they have had to ask people to leave the property because they are watching for others to buy ammo or mags, an indication that they probably already have guns and are approaching them in the store or parking lot to offer stupid amounts of cash for whatever guns they have.

JV3 likes this.
  17. Frigin

Frigin Member

what state are you in? That stinks one gun per month.....I get confused what that does for the person who has more then one gun already.

That’s what I do. These are my two favorite guns. I just swap the slide and light depending on what I want for the occasion
    image.jpg

Strigidae, FAL'ER and JV3 like this.
  18. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm in nj. one pistol per month to be exact...no limits on rifles though.

i have a g43 so i might buy the g48 next (after a g19) so i can swap slides too.

19. Frigin

Frigin Member

Hahaha that’s funny. So I have been carrying my 43 in the dead of summer and I have a kydex holster but I wanted an appendix because that’s how I have been carrying now. So I orders an appendix for the 43 and a 48 takes 7-8 weeks to get the holsters in so I guess I have that long to buy a 48 lol. Figured if I got a holster first I’d have to buy the gun.

JV3 likes this.
  20. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

20200628_175405.jpg
    Yes, you have interpreted the code correctly.

C99c, Strigidae, JV3 and 2 others like this.