Social Distancing Training

Discussion in 'Search, Rescue and Technical Skills' started by Jeff Randall, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Due to the stay-at-home Coronavirus diet putting a few extra pounds on us (not to mention all this stuff putting a dampening on SAR training), Shane and I decided to go out today and practice a little social distancing via single rope technique. Weaver Point at Little River Canyon. Bounced it today on 9mm Imlay Canyonero rope and also got to try out some new SAR packs from Osprey. This Stratos 34 is my new go-to SAR bag. Extremely comfortable and holds all my regular SAR gear with enough room for lightweight rescue gear if I decide to pack it. Plus, it’s small enough to crawl through Rhodo.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

006.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Nice!! You are are looking fit and trim these days! Well done!

3. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Covid diet

4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Do you ever think about cutting the rope ??? I mean when he is close enough to the bottom that the resulting fall would not kill him.....I always sat there thinking about cutting the rope.....always.....but that may just be me .... ;) :D

5. Trailmaster

Trailmaster Member

Depending on who is on rope at the time I have been known to untie it when they were close to the bottom. Well they may not have been close when I started but they got there very quickly. Of course I didn’t know anyone was actually still on rope though.

Jeff Randall likes this.