Coronavirus Concerns

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Delkancott, Jan 30, 2020.

1. JV3

JV3 Member

mother nature is probably celebrating right now...humans are the most destructive creatures that exist in nature and mother earth is better off with a lot less of us...covid-19 is just nature's way of putting everything back to equilibrium :eek:

2. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Wisconsin governor just announced they are closing a lot of the state parks and forests :(. Some of the northern parks will still remain open though as they receive less visitors...

3. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

Anyone else read about the Event 201 back in October 2019? I’m sure it was coincidental.

4. Kevo

Kevo Member

I wouldn't read too much into it. All levels of gov and emergency response regularly run disaster scenarios to train and improve on responses. Our county ema just did a nuke plant meltdown exercise a couple months ago.

5. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

6. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

I
    As a healthcare worker, I can’t agree more.

Flex, TerryD, Zeek and 1 other person like this.
  7. Frigin

Frigin Member

Blahhh they just closed MA schools for the year......fml

8. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Wisconsin schools are closed for the year as well. Our stay at home order was extended to May 26th...

9. C99c

C99c Member

Georgia is opening back up starting Friday with gyms, tattoo shops, tanning places, etc. Restaurants, etc to follow shortly after.

This likely won't go well as many cities or counties are already preparing to fight it.

Between Georgia, Tennessee (announced that they will open up businesses in most counties soon) and Florida (open some beaches, I'm sure people will use common sense. Lol) I guess the south will be testing some of the "save the economy vs overwhelm hospitals and result in more deaths" theories pretty quickly.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  10. ASH

ASH Member

I think South Carolina too. I am down here in Mitchell County, I had it in the works to go back to work in Albany when all this kicked off. I am not sure where that plan stands now. I don't know how this opening back up is going to work out, it's a little scary being this close to Albany but I don't expect it to affect me that much.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  11. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Just though I would share Wisconsin's current plan for those interested... This was just released by the govenor on Monday... He set some requirements that must be met before lifting the stay at home order and the phases of re-opening the state ...

upload_2020-4-22_16-38-4.png

upload_2020-4-22_16-39-2.png

12. ASH

ASH Member

I wouldn't have went with the box theme, my first thoughts were to box it up to save for later and to reuse contaminated boxes to send it to someone else.

Frigin likes this.
  13. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

IMO its to early to re-open, this Virus is still spreading substantially.

Doing so will just create more problems and longer shutdowns....

TerryD, Chris Talley, JV3 and 2 others like this.
  14. Frigin

Frigin Member

Im so sick of the covid crap in my state. My feelings have been this way sense week 2-3 we still have to wear masks everywhere in my state..... I’m sorry it’s the same as the flu if you don’t like it stay home. Don’t wear a mask just don’t be standing 2’ from someone talking directly into there mouth. Keep a little distance. Use common sense. But not many people have that now a days. We still can’t even go camping !!!! Or out to eat. But I can drive 20 min to CT and do anything without a mask.
    I’m still out of work probably my fault because I do work for state programs. But I will probably be back to work in a month or two who knows with the way they run.
    Sorry for the rant

15. ASH

ASH Member

Yeah the mask are a little silly but you know some people are too dumb to stay out of spitting distance and won't stay home if they are coughing.

TerryD likes this.
  16. TerryD

TerryD Member

This 100%. These regulations get put in place for folks like the woman down in Grundy who was a CONFIRMED case and was out in town shopping and visiting friends....

Rules are made for the least common denominator because they're the ones who'll ignorantly kill EVERYONE....

Typhoid Mary for instance...

ASH and BobbyRatTail like this.
  17. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

I don't wear a mask unless required to. With that said, you cannot blame the business if they require you to wear a mask. There is potentially a lot of liability when it comes to this whole thing. You're probably going to see a lot of litigation against businesses after all of this is over with, so the business is protecting itself and doing the best they can to open up and serve customers.

18. Frigin

Frigin Member

Yes I’m 100% for the businesses that want you to wear a mask. I’m definitely not up with our state telling us we have to wear them. I definitely support my local businesses.

TerryD likes this.
  19. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Drastic rise in cases for about a week now.

Wife is in the hospital currently, so I’ve been there a ton.
    With what has been going on we have been staying home a lot, so I feel that by being in a place with lots of sick people our odds of catching it are vastly increased.

20. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

In our county there is about double the active number of cases as there was when they started shutting things down (50 active right now). It Started to spike early last week. I heard on the radio this morning that the recent spike was linked to a church in the area.

Hope your wife will be ok.