Coronavirus Concerns

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Delkancott, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Frigin

Frigin Member

No viruses out here!!!!
    Dam are me and the kids going to get a lot of hiking done in the next two weeks. D38A4DFD-29A0-4DC3-9CB5-F6E7A04F87D7.jpeg

Chris Talley, CWB, IW17 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Yep. talked to a few SAR teams and everyone is expecting call volume to go up due to people getting cabin fever and hitting the woods. I don't blame them though.

3. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

General Update.

Went to Walmart last night to grab some jigsaw puzzles.

Mostly out of toilet paper. I could tell they had received shipment as every cart had a package or two (12 packs). Nobody I saw had a cartful. Not sure if they were limiting purchases or not, I didn’t walk the aisle.

Bread was totally wiped out. Not one item on this aisle, even buns and bagels were gone. All of it.

The surprising one to me was laundry detergent was wiped out also.

I didn’t spend much time in grocery as that’s where most of the people were and I wasn’t there for food.

Now, I know some people that work there, and they all sing the same tune.
    They were told not to stock the sanitizing wipes by the carts anymore, they just get stolen immediately.

Only put one roll of toilet paper in each bathroom stall, only replace when it is gone.

Only fill one paper towel dispenser per bathroom, only replace when empty.

These measures all due to theft.

4. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

In protest of the toilet paper hoarders, I will be ****ting in the street near the drain and hosing the area as well as myself off in public view.

I some .40 also and no gun. I hate that caliber.

5. ASH

ASH Member

Someone from Georgia Arms ( a ammo manufacturer) was on the radio earlier and was saying that they are about out of stock and I think powder. He also was concerned about the metals they use from overseas. I didn't hear the whole interview.

6. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Eugene, Or. yesterday. Found some bread and laundry soap at Safeway. No paper goods at all. Canned goods were hammered but available.

A friend who works at the local gun shop said, they were backed up 625 deep for state background checks. That was Monday.

And weirdly when I went to work there was a 12 pack of TP sitting on the briefing room table. This was at a city office so not the thing you normally see in that area.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Strigidae likes this.
  7. Kevo

Kevo Member

I saw toilet paper in the store today!

8. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

Woke up to a earthquake around 7:15am today.

Glad I wasn't ice fishing.

Lots going on around here lately.....

Boker55, Frigin, Adventurer and 3 others like this.
  9. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

I'm currently sitting in a quarantine at work, a coworker came into the plant with a high fever and dry cough but didn't feel like mentioning it for the first few hours that he was touching everything.

10. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry you are having to go through that due to someone else’s negligence.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  11. ASH

ASH Member

I think my internet caught the Wuhan flu because it stopped working yesterday and when I tried to contact customer service today I'm not getting a response.

The Marsh Gorilla and OKcherokee like this.
  12. IW17

IW17 Member

It's probably due to half the country sitting at home watching Netflix at the same time.

13. ASH

ASH Member

No, it's normal for it not to work but this is the first time I haven't been able to contact support during their business hours.

14. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Did y’all watch this on a filmstrip when you were kids?
    77E90E6A-3C21-4335-BAB3-F8F5BC2CA6BA.png

15. Frigin

Frigin Member

@Flex heard about that that sucks glad your okay. Hope all is well there man.

@ASH well that sounded like it was going to be a good read then you just decided not to listen to the rest of the interview........fail. Hahahaha. Just playing. But no really now I want to know what was going to be said.

well I now have no more work for a month maybe more .........sooooo now I guess I have to find some more work..... doing something

ASH likes this.
  16. ASH

ASH Member

I will try to find a podcast of today's show, I was working at the time and not able to stay by the radio.

Well I found the podcast anyway. Larry at Georgia Arms said they have had to suspend the sale of 5.56 to be able to fullfil their law enforcement obligations. He said that normally they get around 35 to 50 online orders over the weekend. Monday they came in to 400 online orders, and people have been lined up out the door for in person sales. They currently have no inventory the ammo is selling as fast as they can make it. He said they are hoping to get a shipment from Hodgdon because they will run out of powder on Friday.

They have also shut down their website.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  17. Frigin

Frigin Member

@ASH I was just playing with yeah

ASH likes this.
  18. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

I took a pretty heavy inventory on emergency supplies today. I have not been as diligent lately as I have been in the past concerning “prepping”. After checking supplies I feel fairly prepared for some things and under prepared on others. This pandemic (you know, the kinda thing we have been prepping for!) has been a huge wake up call in more ways than one. Now, who’s got an extra 1000 rounds of 5.56 and some spare gold, silver and platinum?

19. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

My company announced today that we will be able to donate some of our paid time off to be used by other employees that need it while they are quarantined or looking for childcare options.

I will be doing so as soon as they get it started.

20. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Hopefully, it serves as a wake up call to the majority of our population that continue to live a week at a time, all the while smoking their cigarettes and watching cable tv.

I understand everyone’s situation is different and some folks out there really do struggle.
    I’m talking about the ones that if they would just get their priorities right they wouldn’t be living week to week, they make enough money it is just spent on things that aren’t important.