2018 Adv Bushcraft Roll Call

Discussion in 'Randall's Adventure & Training®' started by indulf, Jan 16, 2018.

1. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

@indulf looking forward to see you there!

2. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

Steve and I are excited about it. We're bring my skottle so be prepared for at least one big breakfast meal if anyone wants in. Looking forward to seeing the crew and meeting new folks as well.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  3. indulf

indulf Member

i'm in. will bring some food to contribute.

i'm bringing the pellet smoker and my sportsman's grill :) feel free to bring some stuff to toss on it. for dinner.

we'll be camping thurs night.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  4. R Stowe

Sweet. We’ll be there Thursday sometime. I’ll with Steve and shoot ya a text when we get a menu thought up.

5. mikea

mikea Member

Let me know what you need and I’ll pitch in .

6. R Stowe

We were thinking tacos on the skottle one night. Or fajitas. How’s that sound to you and @indulf ?

7. mikea

mikea Member

Sounds good to me .

8. karlkortemeier

karlkortemeier Member

I'll be there. I'm really looking forward to it. I'd love to be in on the meal, if that is good with you guys, how can I contribute? I've got a freezer full of wild game. I can bring some.

R Stowe likes this.
  9. R Stowe

I'll never turn down some wild game. From tree rat to bear I've ate it. What do you have and we can work it in. The skottle is perfect for some group cooking and I'm more than happy to leave it set up for everyone to test out.

@mikea @indulf @shaneadams90 so here's what I'm thinking. Steve's birthday is Thursday and that guy loves chicken fajita nachos more than anyone I know. We'll be leaving around 4:30 on Thursday and that should put us at the farm about 7:30-8PM local time. We can cook up a big thing of fajita style chicken and vegetables real quick on the skottle if someone wants to get some cheese melted. If folks won't roll in until later we can plan on that for Friday night.

I don't know what the schedule will entail in the AM hours but we can knock out a group breakfast pretty easy as well.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  10. karlkortemeier

karlkortemeier Member

My buddy and I are planning on being there most likely Friday am. Don't let that stop you if you want to cook Thursday. Selfishly, I'd love to have some of your fajitas Friday :)

I've got deer, pig, and caribou. I've made some sausage, so I can bring some of that, and I'll also bring some stuff to either grill or add to the fajita meat.

Looking forward to it!

shaneadams90 likes this.
  11. R Stowe

Sounds good, and nothing says we can stir fry more than once. We'll see what the others are feeling, but I have an idea that we'll have more than one big meal.

karlkortemeier likes this.
  12. mikea

mikea Member

Rick, I’m bringing my Skottle as well. We should have plenty of cooking surface.

R Stowe likes this.
  13. R Stowe

Oh yeah! I totally forgot you had one! We’ll be able to put some food on some plates with two of them.

14. mikea

mikea Member

Agreed

15. karlkortemeier

karlkortemeier Member

I don’t even know what a skottle is. Looking forward to finding out.

I just looked online. They look awesome. I’m in construction and all the guys I work with use old plowing disks that they rig over a propane stove. They cook up tacos and tortillas everyday. They make some awesome food.

R Stowe likes this.
  16. R Stowe

@karlkortemeier ha! No worries. It’s a big cast iron disk with just a bit of drip edge to center that’s got a propane burner on the bottom. They’re hard to beat for camp cooking. We don’t even have a grill at home.

17. mikea

mikea Member

I will be arriving around 4:00 tomorrow. Let me know about the menu. I will be stopping at Johnson’s and picking up food. I will get breakfast items, eggs , hash browns and a meat. So let me know dinner. Historically have gone to the Cracker Barrel with James, which is always an enlightening experience.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  18. R Stowe

@mikea we can do tacos and fajitas Friday night. We’ll be there a few hours later. I’ll get beef, shells, tomatoes, cheese, and seasoning for tacos if you want to grab chicken, peppers, etc. We’ll have eggs and stuff as well. Steve wanted to do egg and bacon sandwiches Friday morning.

Any ideas for Saturday dinner?

19. indulf

indulf Member

we'll be there around 4-5 tomorrow.

Rick - message me tomorrow at around lunch time with a list of food me and my buddy Perry can bring to contribute to the situation.

i'll probably bring something to smoke on the GMG for sat night. we could do some skirt steak and finish it on the charcoal for more tacos.. i'm up for whatever.

going to be a lot of fun!

Jacob Peterson and R Stowe like this.
  20. indulf

indulf Member

PS, SMKW is right on our way down from WNC, so we'll be making a stop Sat am :)

if anyone wants a JG3 or PR4 so you can make James or @Patrick Rollins sign the box just let me know :D

R Stowe likes this.